Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. Trying to diagnose the root issue here.

CEL came on, at some point it even started flashing. Milage is below 90k. 2015 Q3 quattro model.

Codes coming up as P2015 (intake manifold air control actuator position sensor), P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304 (all 4 cylinders misfiring). Reappeared after clearing them as well. Also had P2187 originally but that hasn't come back.

Other symptoms:

Can't rev above 4000 RPM (when parked that is, not sure if it matters). That plastic actuator arm on the manifold doesn't seem to move properly when it should at I believe 3800 RPM. The arm came out a little and I pushed it back in. Seems to be a somewhat common problem according to 18447/P2015/008213 - Ross-Tech Wiki and the related technical bulletin https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2017/MC-10158548-9999.pdf / https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/SB-10093588-0699.pdf

I also noticed a hissing sound that some googling lead me to potential issues with the PCV. I did a test to remove the oil cap while the engine is running, which was difficult due to a lot of suction. Apparently that is an indicator for a bad PCV or could it be related to the manifold?

I'm thinking a first step would be replacing the whole manifold to the newer version mentioned in the tech bulletin. If issues persist, replace the PCV.

Any guidance/recommendations around this issue? Anything else I should look for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Audi Q3 Premiu
3 Posts
Hi all. Trying to diagnose the root issue here.

CEL came on, at some point it even started flashing. Milage is below 90k. 2015 Q3 quattro model.

Codes coming up as P2015 (intake manifold air control actuator position sensor), P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304 (all 4 cylinders misfiring). Reappeared after clearing them as well. Also had P2187 originally but that hasn't come back.

Other symptoms:

Can't rev above 4000 RPM (when parked that is, not sure if it matters). That plastic actuator arm on the manifold doesn't seem to move properly when it should at I believe 3800 RPM. The arm came out a little and I pushed it back in. Seems to be a somewhat common problem according to 18447/P2015/008213 - Ross-Tech Wiki and the related technical bulletin https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2017/MC-10158548-9999.pdf / https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/SB-10093588-0699.pdf

I also noticed a hissing sound that some googling lead me to potential issues with the PCV. I did a test to remove the oil cap while the engine is running, which was difficult due to a lot of suction. Apparently that is an indicator for a bad PCV or could it be related to the manifold?

I'm thinking a first step would be replacing the whole manifold to the newer version mentioned in the tech bulletin. If issues persist, replace the PCV.

Any guidance/recommendations around this issue? Anything else I should look for?

Thanks!
A

·
Registered
2015 Audi Q3 Premiu
3 Posts
i had similar issue at 75 K. Audi replaced entire manifold on warranty. There is a tech service bulletin available. Hoffman Audi said most likely due to running low octane gas.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i had similar issue at 75 K. Audi replaced entire manifold on warranty. There is a tech service bulletin available. Hoffman Audi said most likely due to running low octane gas.
Ha, ha. Dealers amaze me. Low octane gas will cause the engine to knock or run "on the knock sensors" which can damage internals. But damage to the intake manifold? No. No way. Absolutely clueless dealer.

·
Registered
2015 Audi Q3 Premiu
3 Posts
Ha, ha. Dealers amaze me. Low octane gas will cause the engine to knock or run "on the knock sensors" which can damage internals. But damage to the intake manifold? No. No way. Absolutely clueless dealer.
I agree with you however the design of that manifold is so poor that they cannot replace parts within it. It’s one big plastic piece of crap. I was thankful they replaced it and fortunately the previous owner was diligent with recommended Audi Service . I purchased this car used with 55K back in 2019 . It has 85K now and owes me nothing other than that one incident that came last year at 76K with CEI . My VW friends tell me it’s a common issue with all 2.0T TFSI engines in GTI, Tiguan , Beetle , etc etc . Extremely poor design And expensive fix. Best of luck to you .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts