Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a “truck/hatch” style bike rack. I have a 2020 S-Line Premium with no hitch and not a fan of roof racks. Any options out there. Thule said there are no options, but any successes out there?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Need a “truck/hatch” style bike rack. I have a 2020 S-Line Premium with no hitch and not a fan of roof racks. Any options out there. Thule said there are no options, but any successes out there?
Thule® Helium Aero 2 Hitch Mount 2-Bike Carrier
This Fits Your 2021 Audi Q3

ZAW071105ADSP Product Image
Part Number: ZAW071105ADSP
Supersession(s): ZAW-071-105-A-DSP; ZAW-071-105-ADSP; ZAW071105A
The user-friendly Thule Hitch-Mounted 2-Bike Carrier allows for easy loading and unloading with minimal lifting. To protect your bikes against damage occuring while driving over rough surfaces, the Thule Helium 2-Bike Carrier features unique shock-dampening cradles. Fits both 1.25" and 2" hitch recievers.
Tow Hitch
This Fits Your 2021 Audi Q3

83A092115 Product Image
Part Number: 83A092115
Supersession(s): 83A-092-115

Boasting full integration into the key systems of your Audi Q3, the Audi Genuine Accessories Tow Hitch is able to monitor and adjust settings in the transmission, brakes, parking sensors and stability control, ensuring a safe and stress-free trip to your favorite activities. With a 1.25" receiver opening, the Audi Genuine Accessories Tow Hitch is ideal for small camper trailers, light watercraft, utility and cargo trailers, and the full line of Thule hitch-mounted carriers and racks.
Please consult your Owners Manual before use.

Fits Q3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That requires a hitch, which I do not have installed. I misspelled “truck” and meant trunk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any of the SUV-style racks will work. They’re all universal. Saris Bones, Thule Passage or Venture. Just google “SUV BIKE RACK”.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, have you found one? I'm having the same problem funding a compatible one.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did find one finally, and it just shipped and arrived last week from being on back order. The Saris Bones EX (2 bike or 3 bike) option is perfect! They are alittle pricy at $209-$239 but worth it. Also, I bought the “hatch huggers”, which save the paint/metal when you close the hatch during set up. Obviously, the downfall with a hatch rack is that you cannot open it now with the rack on FYI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great! I don't think I can find this model in Europe, but at least it shows me that there are options for the Q3 (I heard before there were none) :) So I will look for a similar one here. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
@JBV , just bought the Bones EX (2 bike) today! Our first experiment with the rack is a 5hr drive that’s coming up soon 😬 The lower feet are sitting on the ridge / ledge at the bottom of the license plate well, since if they were any higher, they’d sit on the actual license plate. It seems like it’d be more stable if I swap the position of the inner and outer legs on the central tube, so that the lower legs are farther apart and could rest on either side of the license plate. How did you navigate this situation?

I did find one finally, and it just shipped and arrived last week from being on back order. The Saris Bones EX (2 bike or 3 bike) option is perfect! They are alittle pricy at $209-$239 but worth it. Also, I bought the “hatch huggers”, which save the paint/metal when you close the hatch during set up. Obviously, the downfall with a hatch rack is that you cannot open it now with the rack on FYI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking about switching the arms on the central tube, but I stuck with the way that they shipped it to me, thinking that is the “right way.” I watched a few YouTube videos on different vehicles using this rack (nobody has posted one for a Q3 yet) and it helped me get the right adjustments. The only thing I added was a product that saris sells called “Hatch Huggers.” It is a replacement for the hooks on the top hatch so that it does not scratch the paint. I also put foam tape (3M makes it) to go inside of the hooks so that it doesn’t scratch the paint from the sides and bottom.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So helpful, thank you!

I was thinking about switching the arms on the central tube, but I stuck with the way that they shipped it to me, thinking that is the “right way.” I watched a few YouTube videos on different vehicles using this rack (nobody has posted one for a Q3 yet) and it helped me get the right adjustments. The only thing I added was a product that saris sells called “Hatch Huggers.” It is a replacement for the hooks on the top hatch so that it does not scratch the paint. I also put foam tape (3M makes it) to go inside of the hooks so that it doesn’t scratch the paint from the sides and bottom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts