Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you in cold climates, is there a block heater or equivalent that is being installed on Canadian Q3's? This is usually standard equipment for most vehicles sold in Canada but I wonder if they are doing this for Audi Q3's?
Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I didn't either. I'm not sure how thorough the Audi.ca website is?
I asked a dealer in Canada but they haven't responded for several days.
I don't have a garage and if I decide to buy a Q3 I want to make sure it has an engine heater of some sort. Maybe an after market oil pan heater could be installed by the dealer.

·
Registered
914 Posts
No I didn't either. I'm not sure how thorough the Audi.ca website is?
I asked a dealer in Canada but they haven't responded for several days.
I don't have a garage and if I decide to buy a Q3 I want to make sure it has an engine heater of some sort. Maybe an after market oil pan heater could be installed by the dealer.
Good call on that.
Having a block heater definitely helps especially with how extremely cold it's been getting, plus of course there's the ease it puts on your engine.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I would assume that if it isn't on the Audi.ca website then it isn't going to be included in the Q3. It is pretty necessary though. I wonder if Audi sells it separately. If not there are after market options for sure.

·
Registered
914 Posts
If it's not an option on the Audi website, you might as well ask your dealer to install one for you, as i'm sure it will be nothing new to them.

·
Registered
603 Posts
If it's not an option on the Audi website, you might as well ask your dealer to install one for you, as i'm sure it will be nothing new to them.
I think that would show some really great service from the dealer. Hearing about that would make me think kindly of Audi service.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that would show some really great service from the dealer. Hearing about that would make me think kindly of Audi service.
Ha, what dealer? Anyway I asked a dealer about the block heater but also asked them how they would do warranty work on the Q3 if required, since I don't have a dealer anywhere nearby. Well I never heard back from them again. Great service.
So for those of you who might want to recommend a dealer in the Toronto area let me know their name or send me a PM.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Ha, what dealer? Anyway I asked a dealer about the block heater but also asked them how they would do warranty work on the Q3 if required, since I don't have a dealer anywhere nearby. Well I never heard back from them again. Great service.
So for those of you who might want to recommend a dealer in the Toronto area let me know their name or send me a PM.
You have to travel all the way from Northern Ontario down to Toronto in order to find a good dealer?! Isn't it closer to go to Ottawa or something?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Im not surprised that's the case, been to toronto and surrounding towns and cities and everywhere else aside from toronto just seems dead when it comes to high end dealers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well we travel through Toronto once and sometimes twice a year on our way to the wineries so it would be convenient for us to find a dealer in Toronto.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Well we travel through Toronto once and sometimes twice a year on our way to the wineries so it would be convenient for us to find a dealer in Toronto.
Considering that, that's not too bad then, at least it's not the only thing you're going that way for.

Being one of the world biggest cities, i'm sure you'll find a great dealer.

I heard Pfaff Automotive is good, they're well known not just in Canada but even to us Americans

1 - 13 of 13 Posts