Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fam Bam,

My engine light just came on out of nowhere, so I used the Carista OBD2 adapter and it gave me a fault code of P2015: Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 under OBD2 sections confirmed, pending and permanent. Under the Engine section it reads: P2015 Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal.

Has anyone had this issue before or can anyone tell me what this means?.... It sounds expensive.

I have a 2015 Premium Plus.

TIA

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fam Bam,

My engine light just came on out of nowhere, so I used the Carista OBD2 adapter and it gave me a fault code of P2015: Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 under OBD2 sections confirmed, pending and permanent. Under the Engine section it reads: P2015 Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal.

Has anyone had this issue before or can anyone tell me what this means?.... It sounds expensive.

I have a 2015 Premium Plus.

TIA
reset it and see if it come back. Can you OBD 12 reset codes?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I tried that and it came back. Ended up taking it to my Audi service dept and they are going to replace the intake manifold at no charge, even tho my warranty JUST expired. I guess this is a "thing" that happens with this particular engine sometimes.... either way I'm glad about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah I tried that and it came back. Ended up taking it to my Audi service dept and they are going to replace the intake manifold at no charge, even tho my warranty JUST expired. I guess this is a "thing" that happens with this particular engine sometimes.... either way I'm glad about it.

Hi! My 2015 Audi Q3 came with the same code. It’s waaaay out of warranty. How many miles past the warranty is yours?

·
Registered
25 Posts
My car just showed same error from past few days. I gave it to service recently and they told me that the diagnostic itself is $220. I already have purchased Carista adapter last year, so I denied and it is code P2015(I used another app "car scanner" as Carista asks for paid membership even for showing the error code).

In my internet search I found this service bulletin, https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/SB-10093588-0699.pdf, it mentions that the revised part should be used to fix it.

I have contacted my dealer for estimates, lets see how much they quote.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue. It comes from the runner flap actuator in the intake manifold. There is a service bulletin to upgrade the manifold itself, as the actuator pops out and gets stuck open, throwing the code. You can go with an aftermarket intake manifold (like HPA), which is ironically cheaper than OEM, or you can spend $60 on a crafty fix for this, on ECSTUNING. Just search 'p2015 audi q3 ecstuning' and you should get a link for the lever action arm fix kit.

I currently have this installed on my '15 Q3 and it works wonders. Clear code after installation and it doesn't come back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts