Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And made a DIY video. This is very basic stuff, so only applicable for new DIY'ers.

As I say in the comments, this is my first Audi and never had a VW, so I was not familiar with the strange, plastic drain plug. I like it, though, as long as it does not leak!

Video: link

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for this video. I am also new to AudiQ3 and I find this very helpful information. Yes I will use 0w-20. Looks like you have a nice garage with a lift. Cheers!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I mentioned in the YT comments, Mobil 1 ESP X2 0W20 meets the Audi VW 508 spec. The manual suggests Castrol Edge Professional which of course also meets the spec, and they say you can use one quart of non VW spec (API SN or AECA C3) if it is an "emergency." The "regular" Mobil 1 OW20 meets SN and many others. At the moment I have seven cars in my "fleet" and keeping track is a pain - my garage looks like the Autozone oil wall. Two Porsches (same spec, different weight), two Minis (different specs), a Fiat Abarth (chrysler spec), the audi (VW spec) and a good ol V8 Ford Explorer, in which at this point I should probably just recycle the expensive used oil from all the other cars! haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Surprisingly, my Q3 is the easiest to do an oil change.

I love the Plastic Drain Plug. All you need is a flat head.

I'm an Amsoil guy. 0W-20 508/509 spec. I wanted to use 0W-30 like on my CivicX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts