Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m new to the group and I‘m looking for some advice. Last month, I bought a 2017 Audi Q3 from Carmax in Danvers, MA, with just over 50k miles. It was transferred from the Norwood, MA store to Danvers. It took three or four days before I could take it for a test drive because they kept telling me that they needed “to get it ready.” This surprised me because I couldn’t think of what they’d have to do to get it ready as it was on the lot in the Norwood store. So, after I bought it, MA requires inspection within 7 days. I decided to get the sticker two days after I bought it and had no problems. Two days later, the engine light came on, so I brought it back to Carmax and the hooked it up, getting a p0299 code. They made an appointment for me to have the turbocharger recirculating valve replaced, which they did, and on my way home, the engine light came back on. This time they told me to bring it to Audi of Peabody. They’ve had the vehicle now for 15 business days, telling me twice that it looks like it needs a new turbo unit. I’m suspicious that it’s not the turbo unit and they don’t know why the light keeps coming on. The carfax report showed that it was turned in from a lease with a little over 38,000 miles, computer reprogrammed, then sent to an auction. People will say that they do this all the time, but they really don’t. My sister had a 2017 VW Jetta, brand new, and the engine light kept coming on. Finally, VW did a buyback and put her in a 2018. Is anyone aware of problems with the engine light frequently coming on in this model year?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I’m new to the group and I‘m looking for some advice. Last month, I bought a 2017 Audi Q3 from Carmax in Danvers, MA, with just over 50k miles. It was transferred from the Norwood, MA store to Danvers. It took three or four days before I could take it for a test drive because they kept telling me that they needed “to get it ready.” This surprised me because I couldn’t think of what they’d have to do to get it ready as it was on the lot in the Norwood store. So, after I bought it, MA requires inspection within 7 days. I decided to get the sticker two days after I bought it and had no problems. Two days later, the engine light came on, so I brought it back to Carmax and the hooked it up, getting a p0299 code. They made an appointment for me to have the turbocharger recirculating valve replaced, which they did, and on my way home, the engine light came back on. This time they told me to bring it to Audi of Peabody. They’ve had the vehicle now for 15 business days, telling me twice that it looks like it needs a new turbo unit. I’m suspicious that it’s not the turbo unit and they don’t know why the light keeps coming on. The carfax report showed that it was turned in from a lease with a little over 38,000 miles, computer reprogrammed, then sent to an auction. People will say that they do this all the time, but they really don’t. My sister had a 2017 VW Jetta, brand new, and the engine light kept coming on. Finally, VW did a buyback and put her in a 2018. Is anyone aware of problems with the engine light frequently coming on in this model year?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts