Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audi 2018 (November purchase)

We recently drove through an rain/ice storm (Eastern Canada) and could not get the windshield to defrost. Our last resort was to set the heat to max, open a window, and manually hit the fan button to set it to max. It was quite harrowing to drive. Since this is all new to us...I would like to know, if you are using the automatic function for heating, how much manual use of the functions is required to drive safely and see outside. The same applies for the wipers....they needed to used manually. They just kept clearing the ice that was not defrosting and messing up our view. Oddly enough the rear view wipers were keeping the ice off the trunk.

This brings me to heating. Again...it is really cold -20C to -30C with wind chills. How long does it take to heat the car up. Why doesn't the fan go to max to circulate the heat. I am relying on my seat warmers for heat.

My husband says the car needs to go the shop. I just want to know if we need to understand the settings better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I live in Winnipeg, so I can understand what you mean about being cold.
Regarding the front & rear defoggers, are you pressing the buttons next to the seat warmers, front defrost is next to drivers seat heat control.
Regarding heat, I let my Q3 run for about 5 minutes in the morning, with all the buttons mention above on full. including the heated seats, then after about another 3-4 minutes driving it starts to warm up quickly.
Hope this helps.
Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Brian, I seem to be okay with the heating. I've increased the temperature, started the fan and selected where I want the heat to go. It is taking about ten minutes for a good warm up. (part idle, part driving) I am used to my Toyota cars heating up in less time with less idling in the driveway.
As for the defrost, we have not had to use the function again. This weekend will be a good test. Freezing rain is announced. Thanks for you help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts