Audi Q3 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys,

I used this russian program too. It´s called SRT Can-connect.
It worked to activate ADS and Display for parking sensor. ADS is even working with free wheel function, this is great to save fuel on roads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally enabled ADS with Efficiensy, Auto, Comfort and Dynamic modes. I found info on a Russian site and did it using a single cheap ELM327 bluetooth dongle bought on the net. Seems to work ok, you notice the throttle response. Don't want to advertise, if anyone needs information, ask through PM, unless moderators want to write the way here and the site.
Can you send me the steps that you followed please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried.. goes till 60% then it fails. (6/13 steps in second row)
List no connection available .. happened twice and after that I can't use SRT connect software any more.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried.. goes till 60% then it fails. (6/13 steps in second row)
List no connection available .. happened twice and after that I can't use SRT connect software any more.

Bluetooth cable is not good quality, that's why it doesn't work

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got the answer from Russian at audi-rus.ru

I found a site ( //audi-rus.ru/q3-8u/additional-q3-8u/audi-drive-select-detail) in Russia that sells Audi Drive Select for Audi, i sent email but i didn`t receive any answer. It is 43 euro without the button and 123 euro with button.

Description

Choice of modes of control, dynamics and ride comfort.

If the vehicle is fitted Concert audio system and MMI Navigation Plus - you get a choice of modes menu Car.

Available modes: comfort, auto, dynamic, efficiency.

The rate for the activation function.

Activation cost + installation button Audi Drive Select - 7000 rubles

Litchi and all,

I wrote in the message box at the audi-rus.ru site and received a response within 30 mins. These was even a tel number for the guy. I called and spoke with him. Unfortunately he cant help remotely - needs the car. Anyhow, maybe you guys didnt have any luck with him because you wrote in English? IDK

·
Registered
15 Posts
I finally enabled ADS with Efficiensy, Auto, Comfort and Dynamic modes. I found info on a Russian site and did it using a single cheap ELM327 bluetooth dongle bought on the net. Seems to work ok, you notice the throttle response. Don't want to advertise, if anyone needs information, ask through PM, unless moderators want to write the way here and the site.
Kostak-k, please share the link via PM. they system wont allow me to PM you. Maybe you can PM me? Thanx! Almeladze

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kostas-k, here you're saying that you used "a single cheap ELM327 bluetooth dongle" to enable ADS. However, on March 26, 2018, you posted on cartechnology.co.uk that you used "genuine ELM327 USB cable" and go on to say that "Maybe it [the software] can be used with other bluetooth ELM327 adapter or OBDLink" which means you're not sure about the use of the bluetooth adapter. So could you clarify which adapter you used with SRT Can-Connect software to activate the ADS? thank you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello mate,

I downloaded the software from can-connect.ru

First time I enabled ADS using bluetooth ELM327 but the connection wasn't stable and was difficult, but did the trick on my car. On other car i couldn't enable it so bought a usb cable with genuine elm327 chip and there was no problem with connection

A good quality bluetooth elm327, cost more than 20€ will also do the trick

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello mate,

I downloaded the software from can-connect.ru

First time I enabled ADS using bluetooth ELM327 but the connection wasn't stable and was difficult, but did the trick on my car. On other car i couldn't enable it so bought a usb cable with genuine elm327 chip and there was no problem with connection

A good quality bluetooth elm327, cost more than 20€ will also do the trick
Thank you! I am thinking of going with the cable. Can you recommend where you got the cable with GENUINE elm327 chip? I was thinking of buying on Amazon but all kinds of idiots sell staff there nowadays (not like it used to be)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thank you! I am thinking of going with the cable. Can you recommend where you got the cable with GENUINE elm327 chip? I was thinking of buying on Amazon but all kinds of idiots sell staff there nowadays (not like it used to be)
I will sent you a PM with link, don't want to be thought I advertise a company.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mr kostas!

I read your posts and I am very excited about what you can do using this SRT CAN CONNECT.

I have recently bought a Q3 Quatro 2.0 TFSI Ambiente (MMI is RMC, there are no functions as audi drive select, launch control, etc) but since I read your posts I understand I can upgrade some functions using SRT Can connect, but I am a beginner regarding this type of programing.

So, could you teach me how to do that?

1) Conect ODBlink cable you suggested;
2) Open software and establish connection
3) Buy coins from the website
4) Select function I want to unlock (for example RMC VIM)
5) Click activate and wait for the software does the rest?

Just simple like that?

Would be the same procedure do active audi drive select?

Is it easy as it looks like?

Really thanks,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Mr kostas!

I read your posts and I am very excited about what you can do using this SRT CAN CONNECT.

I have recently bought a Q3 Quatro 2.0 TFSI Ambiente (MMI is RMC, there are no functions as audi drive select, launch control, etc) but since I read your posts I understand I can upgrade some functions using SRT Can connect, but I am a beginner regarding this type of programing.

Just simple like that?

Really thanks,
Hello friend, yes it's just that simple with all functions using SRT.

Στάλθηκε από το Jelly-Pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Russian site worked for me

This Russian site worked for me as well. Their google name is srt-connect. you install a small soft on your pc and connect to OBD port via a usb cable. Challenge for me was the cable which are not very good quality. I had three with me and the connection kept bugging out. The guys behind the site are saying they are no longer using ELM327 cable. They say it is too unreliable. Anyhow, unreliability aspect aside, I had multiple connectivity issues but the guy from the russian site was very nice and helped me thru the entire process via WhatsApp. Oh yes, and it seems to have worked. I have the ADS now popping up on my display on 2018 AUDI Q3 Premium (US version). I didnt install the button and am wondering if this picture I see will have any functionality behind it or will be just a dummy. But that's for tomorrow to show. for now it's on and shows all 4 modes it's equipped with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was. Through the russian site just like kostsa-s said. It was a little bit of a hassle because elm327 are crap quality more often or not. but I eventually made it work with the help of the guys from the site. They are very friendly, helpful and responsive.

US Version 2018 Audi Q3 premium quattro - ADS activated without button installation. Software is un and running, just need to verify functionality of the changes once the system is engaged.

Hi guys, any more of you been able to enable de ADS besides our friend KOSTAS-K?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have also installed the button and works on

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G950F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kostas-k hi,

I ordered it and used it. It worked but with varied success. The guys behind the russian site are saying they quit using these cable exactly for this purpose - too many counter-fit cables makes it almost impossible to work like this. so they switched to a different cable link (OBD link SX). This is just FYI but thank you. One way or another I made it work.

However, I am not sure that it actually works (even though I see the switch and everything on the display and it allows to change the setting, I am not sure if it affects the car itself at all). I drove it in the city and a little on the highway yesterday but saw very little change if any (similar to the feeling that after a wash and an oil change your call all of a sudden drives better). Any way to tell for certain if it does anything on the car and a way of measuring it? Can you recommend anything? Thnx!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Leandrotier hi,

I ordered the ELM327 recommended by kostas-k. It worked but with varied success. The guys behind the russian site are saying they quit using these USB cables exactly for this reason - too many counter-fit cables makes it almost impossible to work like this. so they switched to a different cable link (OBD link SX). This is just FYI. One way or another I made it work.

However, I am not sure that it actually works (even though I see the switch and everything on the display and it allows to change the setting, I am not sure if it affects the car itself at all). I drove it in the city and a little on the highway yesterday but saw very little change if any (similar to the feeling that after a wash and an oil change your call all of a sudden drives better). If you have any questions, ask.

Hi Mr kostas!

Just simple like that?

Really thanks,

81 - 100 of 110 Posts