Audi Q3 Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kostas-k hi,

I ordered it and used it. It worked but with varied success. The guys behind the russian site are saying they quit using these cable exactly for this purpose - too many counter-fit cables makes it almost impossible to work like this. so they switched to a different cable link (OBD link SX). This is just FYI but thank you. One way or another I made it work.

However, I am not sure that it actually works (even though I see the switch and everything on the display and it allows to change the setting, I am not sure if it affects the car itself at all). I drove it in the city and a little on the highway yesterday but saw very little change if any (similar to the feeling that after a wash and an oil change your call all of a sudden drives better). Any way to tell for certain if it does anything on the car and a way of measuring it? Can you recommend anything? Thnx!

Kostas-k, here you're saying that you used "a single cheap ELM327 bluetooth dongle" to enable ADS. However, on March 26, 2018, you posted on cartechnology.co.uk that you used "genuine ELM327 USB cable" and go on to say that "Maybe it [the software] can be used with other bluetooth ELM327 adapter or OBDLink" which means you're not sure about the use of the bluetooth adapter. So could you clarify which adapter you used with SRT Can-Connect software to activate the ADS? thank you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
PureMexicano, I activated ADS without a button installation on 2018 Audi 2.0L premium quattro (US version). if you still have questions, let me know.

I just called my dealer.

That part number is "greyed-out", that means that is not active for sale.

They are going to ask the manufacturing plant in Puebla, MX if they can activate the code or any alternatives or negatives.

@litchi would it be posible to buy them from your dealer and get them sent to the US or Mexico? obviously with our specific VINs

·
Registered
15 Posts
I managed to get the activation through a russian site. It turned on the feature in the head unit. I dont know how much driving functionality it has though. I cant really whether it works or not.

Ok thanks, I tought the pictures were on the same car.

Ricc

·
Registered
15 Posts
Get OBD link SX instead. it gives a better connection to the car. Makes the process a lot less if-fy.

Hello mate,

I downloaded the software from can-connect.ru

First time I enabled ADS using bluetooth ELM327 but the connection wasn't stable and was difficult, but did the trick on my car. On other car i couldn't enable it so bought a usb cable with genuine elm327 chip and there was no problem with connection

A good quality bluetooth elm327, cost more than 20€ will also do the trick

·
Registered
45 Posts
Leandrotier hi,

I ordered the ELM327 recommended by kostas-k. It worked but with varied success. The guys behind the russian site are saying they quit using these USB cables exactly for this reason - too many counter-fit cables makes it almost impossible to work like this. so they switched to a different cable link (OBD link SX). This is just FYI. One way or another I made it work.

However, I am not sure that it actually works (even though I see the switch and everything on the display and it allows to change the setting, I am not sure if it affects the car itself at all). I drove it in the city and a little on the highway yesterday but saw very little change if any (similar to the feeling that after a wash and an oil change your call all of a sudden drives better). If you have any questions, ask.
Yes it's as easy as it looks like, you can enable all that options and many other after these guys list them.

Guy from SRT have suggested an ELM327 cable with a genuine chip from Aliexpress that can do the job securely. I have bought and test that. I can share on PM, because don't need to advertise on forum

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G950F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone please post security code for 09- Cent. Electronics. Audi Q3 2018 (20113 is not working ), my Q3's Audi drive select have 3 options only : auto, comfort, dynamic, I want to add Individual to it, for that I need security code

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone , I'm from China . I can help you remotely activate ADS, here is my car photos
Hello Kikisi,
Can you help me activate ADS for my car Audi Q3 8U 2016 1.4 tfsi 150 PS with manual gear box. What kind of Obd adapter and software do I need and where can I buy it, maybe from aliexpress? I really appreciate it if you could help me with this issue.
Best regards Nikolay

·
Registered
45 Posts
Kostas-k, here you're saying that you used "a single cheap ELM327 bluetooth dongle" to enable ADS. However, on March 26, 2018, you posted on cartechnology.co.uk that you used "genuine ELM327 USB cable" and go on to say that "Maybe it [the software] can be used with other bluetooth ELM327 adapter or OBDLink" which means you're not sure about the use of the bluetooth adapter. So could you clarify which adapter you used with SRT Can-Connect software to activate the ADS? thank you.
I'm very sure what I used. At first enabled using a cheap Bluetooth elm327 fondle, but had problem on other cars. So I bought a USB elm327 cable for working for sure on most cars. I don't think I should have written all my story about it :)

I have made it even with Vgate dongles

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G960F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

101 - 110 of 110 Posts