Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

My 2018 Q3 Quattro premium plus died on Sunday. After a jumpstart, it has been working but I am nervous enough to replace it (it is almost 5 years since I purchased the car).

The dealer is charging an arm and a leg to replace it (hour and a half of labor!!!). I was looking at DIY options.

In terms of battery, would an Interstate AGM battery from Costco work? I see two from Costco (H5 (47) AGM) and H6 (48) AGM), which one is the right one? Both are 180+tax. Dealer is 200+tax. There is also a cheaper (119+tax) Costco non-AGM battery (H6(48)), but I am guessing AGMs are better?

Secondly, how easy is it to install? I can replace the battery (have done it for my older cars) but I hear that Audi's require a battery registration and calibration. I do not know how hard that is and whether that is DIY or not. Does anyone have any pointers to do this part? I found Carista OBD2 adapter but not sure if that is useful as I have never done this kind of thing before.

I am attaching a photo of my battery.

Thank you! Automotive exterior Gas Automotive tire Motor vehicle Auto part
Automotive exterior Gas Automotive tire Motor vehicle Auto part

Automotive exterior Gas Automotive tire Motor vehicle Auto part

·
Registered
43 Posts
There is no calibration. There is an area to input the type of battery and date it was installed. There has been some debate about whether it's necessary or not. Most agree, however, that the car will work just fine if you do it or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts