Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just wondering if any of you have experienced this, we have a 2016 Q3. Not that it matters, has approx. 6000KM.

While driving to Hamilton from Ottawa along the 401, we ended up in a lineup as the result of some accident up ahead. So, stop and go. I cracked the driver window open about 3-4 inches for about 3-4 seconds and then closed it, just wanted to feel the fresh spring air. Once closed and about 3 seconds later the window started to automatically roll down and I can assure you no fingers on the window switch. I was surprised and simply articulated the switch to close the window.

I asked my wife if she experienced this before and she said she did once before, she drives the car 97% of the time.

I've been trying to get it to repeat but have been unsuccessful so far.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I've not had this happen on my Q3 (or any Audi) nor have heard of it happen, but I'm sure it's possible as I DID have a similar experience in an E46 3 Series BMW about 10 years ago - it was a faulty switch -

I'd have your Q3 scanned - a faulty switch or other electrical malady will likely throw a code that can be traced ...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback, it goes in for the 8000KM check in a couple of months I'll mention it then.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I seem to recall reading something about windows going goofy about a year or so ago on the A5OC site. If I remember correctly the fix was to cycle the window completely up then completely down a couple of times and then the window re-set itself. If I have a chance I will poke around and see if I can find the thread on it...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had one mysterious (and scary) passenger window incident.
scenario:
First thing in the morning, Q3 is off. I open the rear hatch to store luggage. KEY is in my pocket.
Wife approaches passenger side to throw her jacket on the passenger seat; her KEY is in her purse hanging on her shoulder.
Passenger window starts to CLOSE when she reached in to place her jacket on the seat.
She quickly withdrew her arm and the window stopped. This has not repeated since then.
Q3 is 3 months old.

Any ideas? Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I seem to recall reading something about windows going goofy about a year or so ago on the A5OC site. If I remember correctly the fix was to cycle the window completely up then completely down a couple of times and then the window re-set itself. If I have a chance I will poke around and see if I can find the thread on it...
This WILL reset the window positioning motors and is recommended as a first step in unusual behavior ...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I've had one mysterious (and scary) passenger window incident.
scenario:
First thing in the morning, Q3 is off. I open the rear hatch to store luggage. KEY is in my pocket.
Wife approaches passenger side to throw her jacket on the passenger seat; her KEY is in her purse hanging on her shoulder.
Passenger window starts to CLOSE when she reached in to place her jacket on the seat.
She quickly withdrew her arm and the window stopped. This has not repeated since then.
Q3 is 3 months old.

Any ideas? Thanks,
This is WEIRD. There is a "comfort setting" for windows and sunroof to be closed on a hold of the lock (or open on unlock) button on the remote (this needs to be coded first unless you have a Canadian car), but I cannot understand this action except for one weird thing - which happens to me occasionally.

I seem to have a knack for bending my knee or hip in such a way as to have my house key, change, knife or something in my pocket that finds its way to the lock button on the key and holds it just long enough to start the comfort cycle or fold my mirrors - as I've noticed a few times when walking around the car, watering plants, emptying trash - etc., all of a sudden from 20 ft away, the car locks, flashes, mirrors fold, beeps, windows close or something, without my intent. And every time it's cuz I was bending my leg with the car key in that pocket ... so I have at least one ghost -

1 - 8 of 8 Posts