Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Haven’t found one either.. but I’m looking for a 2020. It honestly looks easiest to just get a single in dual out muffler and just have it installed. Would be cheaper to have it done that way and just drop the resonator as well if you’re wanting.
It would be like 130ish for a manga flow plus a little extra for tips and only a couple hundred if that for labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good!! I've been chatting with some exhaust shops here for some quotes as well as with a body shop to cut out the hole needed.
Thanks the image isn’t the best but the quad exhaust makes it’s so much better. I can send more if you want. I currently have a performance downpipe and a straight pipe quad exhaust from the resonator. Don’t remove the resonator because when I did my car sounded louder than a truck it’s probably because I have a down pipe but idk. Feel free to ask anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks the image isn’t the best but the quad exhaust makes it’s so much better. I can send more if you want. I currently have a performance downpipe and a straight pipe quad exhaust from the resonator. Don’t remove the resonator because when I did my car sounded louder than a truck it’s probably because I have a down pipe but idk. Feel free to ask anything.
Sure, I'd like to see more from further back if you can. How does the hole look that had to be cut in the diffuser? Did you set out to get a straight pipe setup or was that due to how much space there is to work with? One of the muffler tech's I spoke with said I'd probably not be able to have a muffler due to space issues unless I could find one with the dual outlets on either side (they didn't sell any). How much louder is it now, with the resonator still in place?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks good!! I've been chatting with some exhaust shops here for some quotes as well as with a body shop to cut out the hole needed.
Sure, I'd like to see more from further back if you can. How does the hole look that had to be cut in the diffuser? Did you set out to get a straight pipe setup or was that due to how much space there is to work with? One of the muffler tech's I spoke with said I'd probably not be able to have a muffler due to space issues unless I could find one with the dual outlets on either side (they didn't sell any). How much louder is it now, with the resonator still in place?
yea I originally wanted to get a straight pipe for performance and sound. The cut out was pretty good they cut out both sides to make it really symmetrical. As for noise it’s sounds really amazing. It’s a perfect kind of loud but not that much to scream look at my car. It gets loud when you full on floor it but my car may be a lot louder as I run a heavily modded out q3 with intakes, stage 3 tune etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
yea I originally wanted to get a straight pipe for performance and sound. The cut out was pretty good they cut out both sides to make it really symmetrical. As for noise it’s sounds really amazing. It’s a perfect kind of loud but not that much to scream look at my car. It gets loud when you full on floor it but my car may be a lot louder as I run a heavily modded out q3 with intakes, stage 3 tune etc.
I didn't think of having them cut both sides, I was hoping they could match the one side pretty closely. I'll be using a body shop that does custom work so hopefully he can. The muffler guys won't do it. What did you go with for your tuning? I was reading up on one from Neuspeed but they said they no longer make it for the Q3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What intake and ECU do you have on your Q3? I just got mine Friday and am going to have my custom exhaust made but couldn't find any intake systems or ECUs for it? Not looking for anything crazy but an extra 30hp with the exhaust + intake plus a nice tune would be great! Thanks mN5!

·
Registered
2 Posts
What intake and ECU do you have on your Q3? I just got mine Friday and am going to have my custom exhaust made but couldn't find any intake systems or ECUs for it? Not looking for anything crazy but an extra 30hp with the exhaust + intake plus a nice tune would be great! Thanks mN5!
Hey man seen a few of your posts, I have a 2021 with and APR tune, Apr intake, cts turbo muffler delete and turbo inlet. All parts from the mk7 GTI fit. as for an exhaust RES makes one see the video below.

·
Registered
3 Posts
**** that is sweet! I will look into that RES exhaust. Sounds amazing. Have you got a dyno test on your Q3? Which APR tune do you have? I think there is only one (see below), have you run a dyno to see how much HP you have now with all of those mods you listed?

Is this the CTS part you used - CTS Turbo MQB Gen3 1.8T/2.0T and TFSI Gen2 1.8T/2.0T Turbo Muffler Delete - CTS TURBO

This turbo inlet:

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Rim Automotive design Font

And this APR ECU upgrade?

APR ECU UPGRADE - 2.0T EA888 GEN 3B (TRANSVERSE)
Unlock hidden horsepower and torque with our performance tuning software for your vehicle's Engine Control Unit (ECU).
Part # ECU-20T-EA888-3B-T

·
Registered
2 Posts
**** that is sweet! I will look into that RES exhaust. Sounds amazing. Have you got a dyno test on your Q3? Which APR tune do you have? I think there is only one (see below), have you run a dyno to see how much HP you have now with all of those mods you listed?

Is this the CTS part you used - CTS Turbo MQB Gen3 1.8T/2.0T and TFSI Gen2 1.8T/2.0T Turbo Muffler Delete - CTS TURBO

This turbo inlet:

View attachment 6187

And this APR ECU upgrade?

APR ECU UPGRADE - 2.0T EA888 GEN 3B (TRANSVERSE)
Unlock hidden horsepower and torque with our performance tuning software for your vehicle's Engine Control Unit (ECU).
Part # ECU-20T-EA888-3B-T
I have not put the car on the dyno, yes that is the inlet pipe I used. Rule of thumb is most MK7 GTI parts fit. As for the tune see the link. It is a mk7 GTI tune in essence.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts