Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

Since I bought my Q3, I've resigned myself to the fact that remote start was not a possibility due to either risks of messing up the electrical system and/or poor integration. I came across this - https://fortin.ca/en/vehicles/audi/q3/2016-push-to-start/- recently and it has me intrigued.

• It can be integrated to the factory wiring with harnesses. No wire cutting.
  • It uses the factory key fob for starting (don't need to carry a secondary starter fob)
  • In my case at least, there is a local installer
  • You don't need to keep a dummy key fob in the car to trick the system

Anyone have experience with this brand or adding a remote start in general?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm about to do it outside Audi as they are redic expensive to install with dealer! It can be done though. I have other issues with the car I need to sort out first . The gas pedal is killing my ankle!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all:

Since I bought my Q3, I've resigned myself to the fact that remote start was not a possibility due to either risks of messing up the electrical system and/or poor integration. I came across this - Audi Q3 2016 Push-to-Start | Remote starter, bypass module and alarm system | Fortin- recently and it has me intrigued.

• It can be integrated to the factory wiring with harnesses. No wire cutting.
  • It uses the factory key fob for starting (don't need to carry a secondary starter fob)
  • In my case at least, there is a local installer
  • You don't need to keep a dummy key fob in the car to trick the system

Anyone have experience with this brand or adding a remote start in general?
I'm going to do it at Audi and pay up. I can't deal if something goes wrong and they try to viod my warrentee. That's my gut.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts