Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone - so I am a Brand New Owner of my 1st ever Audi and I have the 2021 Audi Q3 S-Line
I have been contemplating the idea of the Extended Warranty for this vehicle but I have never purchased one on any vehicle I have previously owned (Toyota, Honda, Ford) so I am looking for some guidance. As a prestigious vehicle, I know costs can be higher for repairs, but is a $3500-$4000 cost for the Warranty valued (hope never have to use it) but I have read some conflicting opinions on these warranties & Audi reliability & Audi being a high-cost vehicle to maintain (over BMW and Mercedes) so just looking for some good solid advice please :)

Also - with this Q3, is it normal to have some hard shifts between 2nd and 3rd Gear, Vibrating idling at times, between 2nd & 3rd gears, higher RPM with a lag to shift into the next gear, and an extra “step harder on the brakes” or drift forward when making a stop? When I hit the brakes hard as needed, it rocks the vehicle....Just again looking for advice please :)

·
Super Moderator
181 Posts
A few thoughts....from a 2015, 2018 and 2021 Q3 owner.

I never purchased the extended warranty, although I never really had my Q3's for more than 3 years, so I may not have needed it (although I don't recall many things breaking in the first 3 years.

I have experienced the higher RPM with not wanting to shift into next gear, but only a couple times and I've had the vehicle since December.

I also have noticed the brakes are a bit touchier or maybe don't engage as much when pressing the brake lightly. I know in my last 2 Q3's I had to apply the brake very lightly to slow down gradually, but now in the 2021 Q3 I find myself always needing to apply the brakes a little harder at the last moment because the car didn't slow down with braking as fast I expected it to (if that makes sense)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few thoughts....from a 2015, 2018 and 2021 Q3 owner.

I never purchased the extended warranty, although I never really had my Q3's for more than 3 years, so I may not have needed it (although I don't recall many things breaking in the first 3 years.

I have experienced the higher RPM with not wanting to shift into next gear, but only a couple times and I've had the vehicle since December.

I also have noticed the brakes are a bit touchier or maybe don't engage as much when pressing the brake lightly. I know in my last 2 Q3's I had to apply the brake very lightly to slow down gradually, but now in the 2021 Q3 I find myself always needing to apply the brakes a little harder at the last moment because the car didn't slow down with braking as fast I expected it to (if that makes sense)
Thank you much for the detailed review to my post. I love the Q3 & you have given me some confidence in knowing it’s most likely the way the car shift/brakes. I did call the dealer today & they want to take a look at it so I’ll post here if anything comes from the appointment that’s applicable 🙂
Trusting for good answers 😃
Enjoy & sounds like you love the Q3 as well - it’s a nice vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts