Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are 3 1/2 years into our Audi Q3 2016. I received a mailer from the dealer regarding an extended warranty. The quotes seemed high. A four-year 80,000 total miles warranty that mirrors the new car warranty is $3989 with a $250 deductible. Lowering the deductible to $100 raises the price to $4287. A shorter warranty, three years and 68,000 total miles, is $3699 with a $100 deductible. It seems that the $100 deductible would be the way to go. The question is whether it’s worthwhile. We have 32,000 miles currently. We haven’t had any problems with the car. I don’t know what owners with more miles have experienced.
Quote Multi

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the same dilemma with my 2015 Q3 back in November last year, and must agree with you that's it's very expensive, so I decided to take a chance and not purchase it.
My son has a 2012 A4, with 120.000Km on it, and he hasn't spent any where cost to that much on it since he's had it.(about 4 years).
I'm sure they (Audi) would get a lot more takers if they lowered the price.
Brian

·
Registered
23 Posts
Take the $3500 plus dollars and put it in the bank. That's a decent amount of money to use for future repairs should they arise. An extended warranty is just insurance coverage with a large profit margin built in. Bank the money and drive on.........

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,
After my comment about extended warranty above, I need to eat my words, as I should have paid for it, the Turbo unit has to be replaced at 77500 Km, not happy.
It just showed up on the dash with an engine warning light.
Brian

·
Registered
23 Posts

I'll take a nice straight V6 engine any day over a 4cyl with a turbo! Unfortunately, makers are trying to squeeze all the power they can out of small 2.0 engines and that takes a turbo. Those are expensive to replace and they almost all go bad eventually. Something to think about.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I'll take a nice straight V6 engine any day over a 4cyl with a turbo! Unfortunately, makers are trying to squeeze all the power they can out of small 2.0 engines and that takes a turbo. Those are expensive to replace and they almost all go bad eventually. Something to think about.
With fuel economy standards continually tightening, smaller engines will continue to be the trend. Turbocharging and supercharging is the new normal for getting decent power from these small engines. I've had good luck with turbocharged cars as my Volvo S60 was just shy of 100K miles when I traded it in for my Q3. I'm at 67K and counting and it runs like a swiss watch. (knock on wood...)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts