Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last two days I have had four fault indicators pop up: light system malfunction; left cornering lamp malfunction; right cornering lamp malfunction; and, light switch (L1) malfunction. Owner's manual says to take to my nearest Audi dealer as soon as possible. Called the local dealer twice (they didn't return my first call) and explained the fault codes I was seeing and they said they could get me in a week from now. I don't want to have to drive to Knoxville to get this fixed but may have to. This is strike two for this local dealer for me.

·
Registered
264 Posts
In the last two days I have had four fault indicators pop up: light system malfunction; left cornering lamp malfunction; right cornering lamp malfunction; and, light switch (L1) malfunction. Owner's manual says to take to my nearest Audi dealer as soon as possible. Called the local dealer twice (they didn't return my first call) and explained the fault codes I was seeing and they said they could get me in a week from now. I don't want to have to drive to Knoxville to get this fixed but may have to. This is strike two for this local dealer for me.
I wonder at what point you'd want to call AoA ...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, did the Apollo 13 drill and backed out of all of my mods and then reinstalled each one. Found that it was the turning lamp mod that caused the fault codes so just deleted that and all is well now. Will cancel my "week" service appointment with the local dealer and hopefully I won't need to rely upon them in the future.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Ah, Grasshopper you've found the dragon. Or perhaps we should call you the Martian these days -

Send off a note to Ross-Tech, I'm sure they'd be happy to hear about this - maybe you could re-inject the virus, run a label file and send that to them too -

Great having BUPs though, ain't it - thanks for the catch -

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, Grasshopper you've found the dragon. Or perhaps we should call you the Martian these days -

Send off a note to Ross-Tech, I'm sure they'd be happy to hear about this - maybe you could re-inject the virus, run a label file and send that to them too -

Great having BUPs though, ain't it - thanks for the catch -

Apparently what I encountered was a mod that applied to the 2015 Q3 and it just made my 2016 Q3 light system think there was a malfunction as the fog lamps have been replaced by the weather lamps and the turning lamps are a different configuration. Guess I should have thought of that before blindly doing the mod. Ah well, no harm no foul.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for posting up an update. Is there no closer dealer? They shouldn't take a week to see you.

This is my closest dealer (20 miles) but not the best. It's 100 miles to Atlanta, roughly 90 miles to Nashville and 85 miles to my selling dealer in Knoxville. I will rely upon my selling dealer, Harper Audi, for all of my scheduled service needs and, hopefully, will not need to use the local dealer for anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts