Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

After over two months of waiting ... I FINALLY got my Q3 today and I absolutely love it!

I got the Q3 quattro with Prestige Package in monsoon grey with black interior.

We are getting some snow tonight, so will get to really test out the car tomorrow. Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hey there - Congrats and Welcome to the forum - your car is quite nice - and we can be sure you're lovin' it. Hope you find some good stuff here and bring some too - be careful out in the snow though - laws of physics and all ...:nerd:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Congradulations!!! New car sounds really nice!!!! Two months wait seems to be better than most, we have been waiting a little over three months now and it is tough... Ours was supposed to be in port yesterday but we dont have any official word yet... Again Congradulations and remember that its not to difficult to get going in the snow its sometimes the stopping that gets pretty hairy!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congradulations!!! New car sounds really nice!!!! Two months wait seems to be better than most, we have been waiting a little over three months now and it is tough... Ours was supposed to be in port yesterday but we dont have any official word yet... Again Congradulations and remember that its not to difficult to get going in the snow its sometimes the stopping that gets pretty hairy!!!
My Car got into Port (houston) on 12/22, the dealer didn't call to schedule delivery until 12/26. There was no communication in between those days, all they said is that they think it is in port.

You should hear something back soon!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Congratulations!

You'll have to let us know how you find the car once you have some time to get to know it a bit. I hope it works well in the snow for you. I generally hear that it does do well in the snow.

Post up some pictures of your Q3 if you get the chance as well.

Cheers :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks All!

First day was great. Didn't even feel like there was snow on the ground..

<---- Got some pics in my Garage, will post some more soon when its not all covered in snow.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Pictures look great. Love the color.

What kind of features do you have on your Q3 for the snow? Tires? Quattro? etc?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pictures look great. Love the color.

What kind of features do you have on your Q3 for the snow? Tires? Quattro? etc?
Just quattro. I have the prestige package, everything else stock. Less than a week old, I'm sure there will be some tweaks soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
took my Q3 out into Chicago burbs snow this week and it performed perfectly.. It was difficult to get it to slip.. It didnt matter if the street was plowed or not.. I have no complaints about my real world test of this thing. Even if some videos show Quattro not performing well at all..

Mine is also a prestige with stock everything else..

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Even if some videos show Quattro not performing well at all..
Could you please point us to some of these? I have seen only a very few rigged ones or simply a comparison to a drifter's dream (rear-wheel drive only), which Quattro is not intended at all to be

Thanks -

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Roger,

I think they are probably all the rigged ones you are referring to.. but this is one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvqQuC_8VrM

This is another one..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-FoUTPja4Y

another one..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkQ5yBnS4SU

I was just checking out youtube one night and came across these and others like them. Also a few showing that the BMW comparison was bogus and one showing and Audi dominating multiple other cars up a ski slope.. Cant find that one now thou..

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I'm of the conviction that everyone can out-engineer a specific test for anyone to fail to illustrate the strong suit of someone so that no one is good at all of them...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got a bunch of snow today. The car did great!!

I saw a few cars (and other SUV's) struggling, slipping, sliding, etc. I was able to just drive normally through unplowed streets with out slipping or losing control.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Great - real world experiences are ALWAYS much better than pre-engineered stunts. Thanks...

·
Registered
200 Posts
I got stuck in a snow squall on a very twisty road I use to get back from running for groceries the other afternoon. Q3 handled it like nothing was happening. I'd say that's basically quattro at its best...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I got stuck in a snow squall on a very twisty road I use to get back from running for groceries the other afternoon. Q3 handled it like nothing was happening. I'd say that's basically quattro at its best...
Hear, hear, - here!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts