Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A kit came with my Q3($45 option). What the heck ....might be good to have in case. Opened to see what is in there. I'm speechless. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Is there much in there? Or is it really just some Audi branded bandaids?

I would think that it might be better to just buy a first aid kit from somewhere other than Audi.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to post a picture of it. It must be worth at least $1.00...especially for the soft bag. Looks like a bunch of gauze pads. Might be good for faux painting.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Here it is. You've been warned:eek:
Haha, yeah I learned the same lesson on a 2005 Lexus....

These first aid kits and the orange/reflective triangles that were to be placed on the road when/if your car broke down used to be standard equipment when we lived on Europe.

Maybe the triangles were just determined to be bad publicity...:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

These first aid kits and the orange/reflective triangles that were to be placed on
the road when/if your car broke down used to be standard equipment when we lived on Europe.

The Q3 kit is more of a 3rd aid kit if all else fails. Another use could be to absorb small spills on the picnic table.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well, you do have what seems to be a large wad of cotton for those pesky picnic spills. :D
It's great as an additional kit but it's always good to grab a more extensive one. Mine has everything under the sun; thermal blanket, rope, jumper cables, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts

These first aid kits and the orange/reflective triangles that were to be placed on the road when/if your car broke down used to be standard equipment when we lived on Europe.

Both the first aid kit and the triangle were standard in my 2004 A4. The first aid kit was also much better than the one Monsoon was showing. I'm indeed quite disappointing to find that none of those is included in the Q3. I think all the manufacturers nowadays only focus on how to cut cost. :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Q3 kit is more of a 3rd aid kit if all else fails. Another use could be to absorb small spills on the picnic table.
You're cracking me up. Yeah, I got one one of those too. Dealer said you can't buy an Audi without one. It's a mandatory $45 donation. I didn't even bother to open it. I just threw it in the rear side panel access and closed the door. Thanks for sharing, now I know I still have to buy a real kit.

-Andy

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're cracking me up. Yeah, I got one one of those too. Dealer said you can't buy an Audi without one. It's a mandatory $45 donation. I didn't even bother to open it. I just threw it in the rear side panel access and closed the door. Thanks for sharing, now I know I still have to buy a real kit.

-Andy
You know what the kit really looks like.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts

-Andy
Sorry - but it is NOT mandatory here (in Germany yes, but in the NAR - nope). A lot of dealers pad their orders with these for god-knows what reason, it's not like they need the $7 margin on one, but yatta hey -

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry - but it is NOT mandatory here (in Germany yes, but in the NAR - nope). A lot of dealers pad their orders with these for god-knows what reason, it's not like they need the $7 margin on one, but yatta hey -
Pad?....some of the Q's I looked at looked the bill had notebook on it. Net's, mats,
locks, Audi guard...etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts