Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am now the proud owner of a 2016 Q3 Premium Plus, after driving a 2005 Acura TSX for over 10 years. I got the Q3 in Glacier White, with black interior, tech package + power tailgate. Worked out a deal on Labor Day and took it home two days later, so I've had it for just over two weeks. So far, so good! Great size and handling for urban driving, smooth ride, comfortable and beautifully-finished interior, just enough power for my needs/driving style.

I feel like I'm taking a bit of a chance on Audi, since all my previous cars have been super-reliable Hondas/Acuras (my second choice for this purchase was an RDX) but I'm cautiously optimistic, hearing that Audi reliability has been on an upswing the past few years. Looking forward to enjoying the ride, and this forum!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Congrats ronaround74! (by the way does the 74 mean that there were 73 other "ronarounds" when you created your user name... or is that an indication of age... :)

I have also had my Q3 for two weeks and would whole heartedly agree with your assessment. Super comfortable, hugs the curves nicely and reasonable degree of power. Like you I had that concern about reliability from Audi's past. But I couldn't help notice that there were a significant number of Audi SUVs in my neck O' the woods and people I talked to were very happy with the reliability. So far I am finding I am fine with the power and the always up nav screen. I think they did an excellent job of placing the screen at a good distance from the driver (good for those who need glasses for reading up close) and positioning it to avoid glare. Much harder to read the screen in other cars - including my wife's new Outback.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Welcome to the forum -nice ride - please enjoy the forum as much (or almost) as your car - we have a great bunch of folks here and many eager to help with just about anything you need -

·
Registered
400 Posts
Welcome Ron! We too are new to Audi but 1 month in an everything is AWESOME!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Congrats ronaround74! (by the way does the 74 mean that there were 73 other "ronarounds" when you created your user name... or is that an indication of age... :)
The latter. :)

Welcome to the forum -nice ride - please enjoy the forum as much (or almost) as your car - we have a great bunch of folks here and many eager to help with just about anything you need
For sure! This forum has already helped me in figuring out how to program the Homelink. The "official" Audi instructions online were less than helpful!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Including the beer and football?
I skipped that step, but I'll get to it before long. ;)

Do you have any plans on it? A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any.
I am considering getting the cargo mat to match the all-weather floor mats, and maybe mudguards for the rear wheels at some point, but that's about it. No real "mods" planned currently.

Here's a pic (cameo appearance by my mom's dog who happens to match my Q3's color scheme): https://flic.kr/p/zdr918

·
audiq3forum.com Vendor
123 Posts
@ ronaround74

Sounds like you've got some nice plans for it. We actually have a WeatherTech cargo liner you are looking for. The item is listed as manufactured and usually ships within 2 to 3 weeks. If you are interested in getting one for your Q3, just follow the link: http://www.carid.com/2016-audi-q3-cargo-liner/weathertech-cargo-liner-53035589.html

We have sets of universal mud flaps as well. I like the ones made by Sparco, they come as a set of 2 pieces and available in several colors of your choice. By foolowing this link w\you can check all the available sets: http://www.carid.com/2016-audi-q3-mud-flaps/

P.S. Lol, so true about the dog, you should take it everywhere with you. Perfect match!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts