Audi Q3 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Quick question: Looking at the info...What did you find to fit the upgrade and what didn't as far as the grills... Seems like there's a bunch of them on Ebay. Some RS version and some without any logo on the front.

Also, I'm curious if you were going to upgrade the fog lights to the mesh grill too? I saw some also on Ebay looks like they were for the Q5 though...
See my thread in this sub-forum on "Creating the first NAR Q3 S-line" for some exact details (with pics) on this ...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Quick question: Looking at the info...What did you find to fit the upgrade and what didn't as far as the grills... Seems like there's a bunch of them on Ebay. Some RS version and some without any logo on the front.

Also, I'm curious if you were going to upgrade the fog lights to the mesh grill too? I saw some also on Ebay looks like they were for the Q5 though...

See my thread in this sub-forum on "Creating the first NAR Q3 S-line" for some exact details (with pics) on this ...

rnlabas laid things out pretty well in his thread so definitely check that out! but if I remember correctly his fitment issues were due to the fact that he was installing the grille into an S-line front bumper, whereas most of us have the regular old one lol. I didn't come across any fitment issues when installing mine. I'll find the seller/info from the one I bought. I know he's still selling them and sells lots of quality carbon fiber parts for other high end cars as well.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
@CortinaQ3 : you are correct about the S-line bumper cover - I think the RS grill woud've fit the stock bumper cover just fine... even the supplier was unsure about the S-line fitment and said so in his add - but I took the risk after checking the measurements.

·
Registered
264 Posts
hahaha come on down! now that I've done it once I can do it again ;) just bring some good beer/buy me lunch afterwards!

I don't plan on putting the front plate back on lol. Here in MD they passed a new law that if your car did not come equipped with a mounting bracket or if it requires stylistic changes to mount one (which it now does lol), you don't need to mount it. just have it in the trunk for now.
Mind if I jump on that first?! Haha, I will be moving to Arlington, VA coming July and maybe we can grab beer/lunch afterwards. :laugh:

So lucky MD doesn't need front plate!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Mind if I jump on that first?! Haha, I will be moving to Arlington, VA coming July and maybe we can grab beer/lunch afterwards. :laugh:

So lucky MD doesn't need front plate!
Spread the word on a definite date and maybe you'll get several folks for a "Tech Session" and some drive-ins too ...;) I can bring some dawgs for the grill...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Spread the word on a definite date and maybe you'll get several folks for a "Tech Session" and some drive-ins too ...;) I can bring some dawgs for the grill...
Sounds like a real plan for a summer day! I'm just waiting for CortinaQ3 to respond whether he would be willing to...0:) Once he approves, I will, for sure, post a range of dates that would work for me and him.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Sounds like a real plan for a summer day! I'm just waiting for CortinaQ3 to respond whether he would be willing to...0:) Once he approves, I will, for sure, post a range of dates that would work for me and him.

heck yeah, if you guys wanna come up here I'd be more than happy to help out! I'll just charge a beer or three per install haha ;)

·
Registered
916 Posts
heck yeah, if you guys wanna come up here I'd be more than happy to help out! I'll just charge a beer or three per install haha ;)
You're a nice guy, at minimum I would require a 6-pack payment :D
That is at least what gets me to work 'better' during installs ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
It will definitely be a six-pack!

Do you think sometime early August weekend works for you? I will be in Arlington, VA so a drive up to anywhere MD will be a breeze.

Let me know!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
It will definitely be a six-pack!

Do you think sometime early August weekend works for you? I will be in Arlington, VA so a drive up to anywhere MD will be a breeze.

Let me know!

Sounds good to me - I got dawgs and some beer ... and some folks even think I'm an okay wrench - >:D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sounds good to me guys!
I'm finally in Arlington, VA and I am picking up the car tomorrow. The grill is already in my living room! (receiving a mean stare from my wife)

So when will it work best for you Cortina?

Let me know!

I will PM you my number so we can shoot texts. :)

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I'm finally in Arlington, VA and I am picking up the car tomorrow. The grill is already in my living room! (receiving a mean stare from my wife)

So when will it work best for you Cortina?

Let me know!

I will PM you my number so we can shoot texts. :)
Post on the forum - maybe a few folks will drive in to make it a party - or at least a tech session - heck, I might come on up :nerd:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm in Richmond. I'd be interested in trying to meet up and see that grill swap. If anyone has one of those special cables maybe they could flash some of those codes for me for a few beers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Post on the forum - maybe a few folks will drive in to make it a party - or at least a tech session - heck, I might come on up :nerd:
So the grill can just be swapped out?(And I'm not the only one who hates the all-black glossy grill?!) I really wish it just had silver, like all the previous grills. Anybody know about aluminum clips that can supposedly be attached to the louvers?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
So the grill can just be swapped out?(And I'm not the only one who hates the all-black glossy grill?!) I really wish it just had silver, like all the previous grills. Anybody know about aluminum clips that can supposedly be attached to the louvers?
I have heard of a lot of things - but "aluminum clips ...attached to the louvers" is NOT one of them - What exactly do you mean? I don't of ANYTHING like that for Audis - Is this a JC Whitney kinda thang?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have heard of a lot of things - but "aluminum clips ...attached to the louvers" is NOT one of them - What exactly do you mean? I don't of ANYTHING like that for Audis - Is this a JC Whitney kinda thang?
Hmmmm, I don't know. On the day of delivery, there was a photo that flashed by on the monitor overhead that showed them. My sales guy said he would talk to Parts about it. So....not sure.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts