Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally drove the car home today!

My new condo parking space is tiny tiny tiny, so I would like to make use of all sensors when parking. However, it seems that front parking sensors are "off" because they do not beep and the rear view camera shows a red "P cone" with a strike at the front of animated car.

Is there a way to turn this "on" or did my car come with no front sensors? I see the round roles on my license plate holder though.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
So I finally drove the car home today!

My new condo parking space is tiny tiny tiny, so I would like to make use of all sensors when parking. However, it seems that front parking sensors are "off" because they do not beep and the rear view camera shows a red "P cone" with a strike at the front of animated car.

Is there a way to turn this "on" or did my car come with no front sensors? I see the round roles on my license plate holder though.
Push the button on the dash to activate the front sensors ...they do NOT stay on automagically for the NAR - and reverse takes priority - DOT requirement. There is not a VCDS code work around for this - I thought there was but I cannot make it stick -

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Push the button on the dash to activate the front sensors ...they do NOT stay on automagically for the NAR - and reverse takes priority - DOT requirement. There is not a VCDS code work around for this - I thought there was but I cannot make it stick -
So when I'm driving forward and wanted to turn on the front sensors, I would have to just press the button? And when I shift to reverse, the front sensors automatically turn off?

Weird:eek:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine has both front and rear sensors working at the same time every time I press the button or shift to reverse

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Roger, so I tried pressing the button in P, D, N, R, S and all it does is turn on and off rear view camera and rear sensors. Whatever I do, the front "P cone" has a strike on it and will not sense anything moving in front of the vehicle.

I wonder if Premium Plus only comes with rear sensors or something is wrong with my car.

I will ask the dealer tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
So when I'm driving forward and wanted to turn on the front sensors, I would have to just press the button? And when I shift to reverse, the front sensors automatically turn off?

Weird:eek:
No they won't turn off - but they won't automatically come on either- like the rears do ...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hey Roger, so I tried pressing the button in P, D, N, R, S and all it does is turn on and off rear view camera and rear sensors. Whatever I do, the front "P cone" has a strike on it and will not sense anything moving in front of the vehicle.

I wonder if Premium Plus only comes with rear sensors or something is wrong with my car.

I will ask the dealer tomorrow.
The Premium Plus does have them - but perhaps the 'P cone' is telling you there's a fault ... I've never seen what you're talking about -

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Premium Plus does have them - but perhaps the 'P cone' is telling you there's a fault ... I've never seen what you're talking about -
I have scheduled an appointment tomorrow morning. They will give me a loaner while they fix this.

:)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Roger, you were right, it was a fault.

Not a good start for my new car :crying: They have it at the dealers until who knows when.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Roger, you were right, it was a fault.

Not a good start for my new car :crying: They have it at the dealers until who knows when.
It's a bummer, but if they are like my dealer, they will go out of their way to make it right, and will give you a better loaner while it's there.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aw thank you. I got it back today which the sensors fixed! They don't know what was wrong with it, so they just swapped out the sensors.

As for the loaner, they gave me an A3 which was much peppy in terms of power, but interior was cheap looking. A3 had a very nice sound system though...B&O...wow that thing really kicks!!

I wanted to rip out the speakers and keep em for myself!>:D

Reactions: deverelle

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have this dream they'd eventually have a sound room where you can go and pick out and tune your dream system. :-D

I'm glad your baby is home and all is well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Lexus has the front sensors on at all times. I like that setup better.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I think in the future we should expect it to work automatically or at least have more ways to pick on up on when it could be used taking away more thinking from the driver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts