Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since HomeLink isn’t currently a factory option. Would a conventional 3 button visor clip-on remote fit in the small compartment on the dash to the left of the steering wheel?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes. I fit my sunglasses there, I'm sure any clicker is smaller than that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes, easily.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You can fit a small child in there :D

Reactions: B5s4dave

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are we talking about the cubby hole on the bottom left of the dash?
I have never seen it, but it was mentioned in the Q3 Surprise topic as being in that general area. I'm just trying to think of locations to stash a remote that are out of the way but easily accessible. I guess if you had the Black headliner option the black remote would blend in with the visor.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have never seen it, but it was mentioned in the Q3 Surprise topic as being in that general area. I'm just trying to think of locations to stash a remote that are out of the way but easily accessible. I guess if you had the Black headliner option the black remote would blend in with the visor.
Clip it to the inside of the door pocket. Just a reach in and press.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Yup, that's exactly what I do ...

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have moved mine around a bit. It's a little too thick to fit under the temp controls, and it annoys me on the visor. My glasses are big, so there isn't room for them and the door opener in the storage above the fuses.

I'm going to try @boblepp's idea!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Good morning all,
I guess that we are lucky in that we have two small remotes (Sears brand opener). I removed the clip from one and it fits nicely in the opening just in front of the Nav screen. It doesnt really show there and it is easy very access... (If fits snug enough that it doesnt move around either, yeah)

Down side is that if we do convert it over to the fold down screen I think that option is out....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Anyone have the factory installed Homelink option on their new 2016 Q3? I'm curious as to where it's located. I saw a Q3 review video done at an autodealer on YouTube that shows it mounted on the left side of the roof console that houses controls for sunroof, etc. But I thought I had read somewhere that it was being installed in the passenger side visor - but perhaps that's only for the self installed Homelink. Appreciate confirmation as I ordered this option on my "soon" to arrive 2016 Q3.

·
Registered
262 Posts
John, left side of roof console....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts