Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I can't seem to find or get any good answers for this questions, maybe I get lucky here.

I want to put my 2015 Q3 on 4 jack stands so the car is elevated and leveled. I know where the jack goes to lift the car but I'm having a hard time figuring out where the jack stands should go or how to position them. The jack stand (picture below) doesn't have a deep groove like the factory jack so I'm concerned about bending the metal. On the picture below, should the weight rest completely on the red line (pinch weld), i.e. the jack stand would be perpendicular to the weld? Or, would you position the jack stand in either the blue or green areas. Would appreciate any guidance around this.

Similarly, I was thinking about getting one of those Hydraulic Bottle Jacks instead of using the included scissor jack, but it comes with a small round top (~1inch diameter), so I'm equally confused how you would this car with that.

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. I can't seem to find or get any good answers for this questions, maybe I get lucky here.

I want to put my 2015 Q3 on 4 jack stands so the car is elevated and leveled. I know where the jack goes to lift the car but I'm having a hard time figuring out where the jack stands should go or how to position them. The jack stand (picture below) doesn't have a deep groove like the factory jack so I'm concerned about bending the metal. On the picture below, should the weight rest completely on the red line (pinch weld), i.e. the jack stand would be perpendicular to the weld? Or, would you position the jack stand in either the blue or green areas. Would appreciate any guidance around this.

Similarly, I was thinking about getting one of those Hydraulic Bottle Jacks instead of using the included scissor jack, but it comes with a small round top (~1inch diameter), so I'm equally confused how you would this car with that.

Much appreciated!

View attachment 6058

View attachment 6059

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use the pinch weld (red line in your pic) for my stands. Haven't tried a bottle jack on my Audi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts