Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seeing if you all have a sources to get the Q3 OEM Rubber Floor mats & Cargo liner?

Dealer usually is only 10% off retail for me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have unopened set of floor mats. Where are you located? How much does your dealer want for them? I'm sure I will be less but shipping could be an issue.

~Bob

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have unopened set of floor mats. Where are you located? How much does your dealer want for them? I'm sure I will be less but shipping could be an issue.

~Bob

I can get them online for $103 all in shipped via ebay.
Dealer wants about $115 all in.
Zip is 23113 Central VA.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks. I am in California. Would take $90 for them ( I think I was charged $295 in the package on my car!!) But no idea what shipping would be. Ebay likely better for you.

~Bob

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I am in California. Would take $90 for them ( I think I was charged $295 in the package on my car!!) But no idea what shipping would be. Ebay likely better for you.

~Bob
Yeah, it appears that shipping negates any advantages. -Thanks for the offer Bob.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I ordered a set of 4 floor mats for $115 and purchased through the Audi website from a dealer in California (closest one to me listed as selling them on line). This appeared to be the best price per another thread. I got the cargo liner as part of my original order...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered a set of 4 floor mats for $115 and purchased through the Audi website from a dealer in California (closest one to me listed as selling them on line). This appeared to be the best price per another thread. I got the cargo liner as part of my original order...

Yeah John - I find that on-line they are within a few bucks of each other.
I just got the dealer to order it & place it in the car when I pick it up this weekend.

How is the cargo liner? My wife wants it to haul her plants & shrubs from the nursery around.
Do you use your Q3 as a utilitarian vehicle so this helps a lot?
Or is it just a big rubber mat to hide the nicely carpeted cargo area? ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I like the look of the all weather fitted cargo mat. We do winter sports so it's great for keeping the snow and crud on boots, etc off the carpet. Also into hiking so same value there.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The high sides are nice. You can simply turn the cargo cover over to use the side designed for use like that. Plus it also has the high sides and wipes clean easily.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The high sides are nice. You can simply turn the cargo cover over to use the side designed for use like that. Plus it also has the high sides and wipes clean easily.

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yes! I don't have my manual with me but the cargo cover has two sides. The carpeted one and and rough finished side. Audi calls the carpeted side 'decorative' and the other side something else - I forget - like utility. Flip your cargo cover over and you will see this grained side with rails around the edges. It is meant to be used in this capacity - for easy cleaning - dirt and spill containment. I have my wife's cargo cover flipped over like this - in utility mode and it is GREAT. My Q3 came with the rubberized cargo mat already. In reality I don't need it since the cargo cover is meant to be flipped over for use in this way. I can post the page number in the manual that details this as soon as I can get out to the car to get it.

Reactions: Q3User

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes! I don't have my manual with me but the cargo cover has two sides. The carpeted one and and rough finished side. Audi calls the carpeted side 'decorative' and the other side something else - I forget - like utility. Flip your cargo cover over and you will see this grained side with rails around the edges. It is meant to be used in this capacity - for easy cleaning - dirt and spill containment. I have my wife's cargo cover flipped over like this - in utility mode and it is GREAT. My Q3 came with the rubberized cargo mat already. In reality I don't need it since the cargo cover is meant to be flipped over for use in this way. I can post the page number in the manual that details this as soon as I can get out to the car to get it.
Thanks John! Appreciate the feedback & visual!

·
Registered
400 Posts
My pleasure. The Audi cargo mat is not worth the $150 they are charging!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Easy way for them to move these is to have them in store since knowing its there and just at matter of that money and no more of your time can be highly valued.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My thoughts exactly!
Thanks for the workaround!

·
Registered
302 Posts
o_O wonder if this is some for of industry secret. Most people don't turn their mats over and they buy a separate one.
Um, doubtful, if they take their time to read the manual that comes with the car....or if it is prior to ordering, read the manual in the car that was provided for the test drive(s). :rolleyes:

We were aware of it, but still wanted the liner that is ordered separately. Don't recall if we spent $150 for it, but my wife thinks it is well worth the cost considering the amount of plants and associated gardening supplies she carries around back there in the "boot."

·
Registered
119 Posts
WeatherTech Mats

I went with the full WeatherTech protection package (front, rear and cargo) for about the same as Audi wants for the cargo protection mat. I like the way the WeatherTech mats are designed to catch and trap liquids. I will say that their slogan "laser measured" doesn't ring true as my mats don't fit the Q3 quite the way my BMW WeatherTech mats did but they still look okay and, most importantly, the carpets will look new when it comes time to trade.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I went with the full WeatherTech protection package (front, rear and cargo) for about the same as Audi wants for the cargo protection mat. I like the way the WeatherTech mats are designed to catch and trap liquids. I will say that their slogan "laser measured" doesn't ring true as my mats don't fit the Q3 quite the way my BMW WeatherTech mats did but they still look okay and, most importantly, the carpets will look new when it comes time to trade.
Ditto. I bought the front OEM mats and had them sent over from Spain because 2015 all weather mats were impossible to get for months. I was frustrated by the dirt that would collect on the sides and around the gas pedal... so I bought the full Weathertech set and I like them much better. I'm a little OCD about keeping my car clean and could not abide so much dirt around the gas pedal!

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is interesting. I was looking at the Weathertech site and it said that Q3 specific mats were not available and it pointed me to their universal cut to fit mats.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts