Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving only Hondas since 1998, I was ready to end our relationship and treat myself to something nice! My 2016 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige (Glacier White/Chestnut) came in at the end of July and I couldn't be happier. I actually don't mind driving to work now =). Looking forward to learning a few things from this forum.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!! I think you will find a lot of good stuff here....

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Welcome to the forum and nice wheels - hope you enjoy our community as much as your new car !!

·
Registered
603 Posts
So did you switch to Audi because you like Audi, or was it because you had problems with Honda? I only ask because Honda has a pretty good reputation.

Happy to have you though. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome! I switched from Honda too. I had a 2008 Honda Accord V6 with the Nav. Great car if you like a four-door sedan, but it was not practical for me and got worse gas mileage (thanks, no doubt, to my lead foot) than I am getting in my Q3. My Honda was fantastically reliable, but I was bored.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Welcome! I switched from Honda too. I had a 2008 Honda Accord V6 with the Nav. Great car if you like a four-door sedan, but it was not practical for me and got worse gas mileage (thanks, no doubt, to my lead foot) than I am getting in my Q3. My Honda was fantastically reliable, but I was bored.
Ah, boredom. That's definitely one of the main things that drives consumers these days. I'm bored with what I have I want something new and exciting. Fair reason in my view.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Ah, boredom. That's definitely one of the main things that drives consumers these days. I'm bored with what I have I want something new and exciting. Fair reason in my view.
Honda seems to be working on that right now, maybe not to the same effect Audi is but they have been implementing in car tech and cool exterior features. Next Civic it taking on a cool direction.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Honda seems to be working on that right now, maybe not to the same effect Audi is but they have been implementing in car tech and cool exterior features. Next Civic it taking on a cool direction.
I have looked at Honda's in the past and although I thought that they were nice there were just that, nice.... Nothing really special just kind of vanilla....:|

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have looked at Honda's in the past and although I thought that they were nice there were just that, nice.... Nothing really special just kind of vanilla....:|
We had a 2008 Accord EX-L V6 for a while. Nice car but it didn't have any real personality. It just did everything rather well but nothing exceptional. I guess that's what happens when you try to appeal to the broader masses.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That's why I have one of those job-things... Honda probably would have run forever, but 7 years was enough. Hopefully it's new owner is loving it. I will say the V-6 was fun off the line and on the highway.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Honda is definitely stepping up their game by making their cars a bit more exciting. Obviously on some fronts a Honda will just never compare to an Audi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
another ex-Honda Owner

My wife and I bought our first Honda in 2007. it was a bright shiny new 2008 CR-V ex-l... it was a great car and we loved it... in 2013 we decided to re-new the family car. We tested Ford Escape, Mazda CX5, and Honda CRV. and ended up with a 2013 CR-V... The 2013 just was not the car the 2008 was. it's performance sucked (for some unknown reason, since it was basically the same car), and we were just Disappointed with the car...

We now have a 2016 Q3 and have fallen in love with it..:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had 2 Honda's (a 2000 CRV and a 2006 Ridgeline) that lasted 120,000+ miles. They were great, reliable, and easy to maintain. But when I test drove the 2015 CRV with all the technology features I wanted in a new car - the price tag was close to the Q3. The CRV also felt cheap and "light", had no power, and I felt like i'd get creamed when entering these terrible Dallas highways =). When I got behind the wheel of the Q3 it was a no-brainer!

Reactions: rnlabas
1 - 16 of 16 Posts