Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 has never been quite on top of traffic changes when it comes to route selection, but today reached a new low.

From my house to work offers three primary routes (ie ways to get across the river) - I-75 , I-275/I-471, or I-275 clear around the city. Despite the fact that I-75 was shutdown, the Q3 put my best option as I-75. I took I-275/I-471 and watched the GPS attempt to route me back to the closed freeway. Fine, I kept driving.
After crossing the river, the GPS now tries to divert me repeatedly onto a back road WAY out of my way. I assumed there was another problem ahead, but I stuck to my guns and ignored my GPS. I never hit any traffic.

So, I'm not sure what data the GPS was getting, but Audi needs to look to a more reliable data source for traffic data. I never had this much trouble with my Garmin with FM based traffic data.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Come to Columbus and all your problems will be solved! We have no big river to cross.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Come to Columbus and all your problems will be solved! We have no big river to cross.
It sounds like it was trying to route him thru Columbus!!!!:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
...at least it wasn't thru Bumfrakistan -

·
Registered
264 Posts
If I enable my dash cam voice-recording function and post some videos of me swearing at the navigation lady, I'm 99% sure I will be banned from the website. I really do hate our navigation routing system. I feel like there is half-ass trained monkey behind the dashboard, just connecting the dots from point A to point B.

Reactions: doug

·
Registered
400 Posts
If I enable my dash cam voice-recording function and post some videos of me swearing at the navigation lady, I'm 99% sure I will be banned from the website. I really do hate our navigation routing system. I feel like there is half-ass trained monkey behind the dashboard, just connecting the dots from point A to point B.
Our infotainment system is the worst part of the Q3. I love the rest of the car but what we have is simply not acceptable when there are so many better systems out there. I know everyone is sick of me saying it but the infotainment system in the Kia Soul is the best one I have ever used or seen. If Audi simply fork lifted it into the Q3 it would be the BEST!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts