Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.. Just bought my Q3 today and it's my first Audi. It won't be ready until Monday, but I'm looking forward to driving it! Glad to be part of this community!

John Z.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi Everyone.. Just bought my Q3 today and it's my first Audi. It won't be ready until Monday, but I'm looking forward to driving it! Glad to be part of this community!

John Z.
Welcome and congratulation!

Do tell us more about your Q3 :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
John, welcome! Im sure you will enjoy the new car!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Greetings! As Tanqueray suggests, we'd love to know more about your car!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Lots of nice people here to help answer any questions.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Welcome some more - we have a fine Q3 community so you can get some great support from us ...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome from another Massachusetts Q3 owner. There's at least one other that I know of on here too...Planning on doing any modifications?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

About my Q3 (which is just hours away from delivery!)

Quattro, Prestige package, Sports package, Mystos Black Metallic / Black. Must have been in a Metallica kind of mood when I bought it. :)

I test drove the Merc GLA, and the Infiniti QX50, but the Q3 really won me over (as well as my wife, who during the test drive, said "Buy this" ..who was I to say no?)

Mods? Not sure yet. Honestly, it's been a while since I've done any serious modifications to a car. I do have that tendency, although lately it's around smartphones.

The dealer experience was a little unreal. You know they say timing is everything...I got my purchase in literally seconds under the wire from two other potential buyers who were there at the same time. Learned not to believe the online inventory...pretty much all the listed inventory was gone, and the one I got literally came in that day and wasn't even entered in inventory.

AMILL...who did you buy from in MA?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I drove the GLA too. Hated how the screen was plunked on the dash. Looked like I took a GPS and glued it to the dash. very tacky and I didn't think the seats were that comfortable.

I wanted to order the sport seats with the knee extension because I have a problem finding a seat that is long enough to support my thighs but when I drove a Q3 with the exact same seat it was very uncomfortable for me. I'm sure others won't have too much of a problem. If you need to find accessories for the Q3 there's a lot of info online. Did yours come with an MMI lightning connector cable or a 30 pin? If you got the 30 pin there's a couple of inexpensive adapters you can get instead of spending $60 or $70 on a new cable.

We all seem to be struggling to find accessories for the Q3. I changed the wipers on the car. I didn't like that they were "struggling to clear the snow this winter. The mats....I'm holding out for the Weathertech mats even though others have ordered Audi mats... I'm not giving up yet...

As for the dealer...I bought mine in October of last year. I couldn't find one to drive anywhere until I sought out Audi in Shrewsbury. Cocky sales guy, didn't like him much but I needed to get a car and everyone else told me possibly a month maybe more. Audi Shrewsbury told me about a month. I went back and forth with the color, Glacier White or the Midnight Blue (had a black car before). My son convinced me to get the white. I really like it but you see white Audis all over the place. Wish I had gotten the blue or the metallic brown that Roger (alias rnlabas) got. That is sharp.

Love the car, hated the dealership. I'm now having the car serviced for any warranty issues at Audi of Westwood. They're far superior for service and they don't treat you like crap. I needed to bring the car in because there was a fault light that went on for the fog light. Audi in Shrewsbury told me I'd have to wait a WEEK just for them to do it. I called Audi Westwood they fit me in within two days with a loaner too... Friend of mine has gone there for his car and he's been very happy.

Did you get the 19" wheels too? I love the look of the rims but I drove one with 18" wheels and I admit the ride was a bit smoother.

First thing I did to the car was order the kit to fix the MMI screen to fold down. (there's info on this website for the parts and very good instructions). The next thing I'm going to do is increase the horsepower in the engine. Love driving in sport mode but the gas mileage does suffer. Just a bit more HP and I'll be happy.

You should look at the grill mods that were done on here too. Very inexpensive grill but the labor is a bit intensive. My mechanic told me that prob wouldn't be a problem. He works on BMWs, Audis, Porche,,all high end cars so he's seen it all.

First time Audi owner here...Welcome to the club.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got mine in Shrewsbury too. The sales guy was very nice and very low key, then you get to the up-sell guy and that was pretty much like any other dealer. I love doing research and someone handing me the keys...what comes in between, not so much. One day I'm going to just order a car on the Internet.

I opted for the pre-paid service, but that's it. Obviously, I have no experience with service there since I won't have the car for another three hours or so. :)

I did not opt for the 19" wheels, for pretty much the reason you said. The ride on the 18" is better, but that's counter to what I would have thought and to my experience on other cars. Lightning or 30 pin...well, I'm an Android guy so that's kind of a moot point for me :) I will probably try to stream Spotify through bluetooth.

You'll have to point me to the MMI fold-down panel mod...I think the first question I asked was if it folded down. I'd like to mod the computer board for more HP...will leave off on that for a little though.

I'm really looking forward to getting it!

Reactions: Quatto

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Internet Purchasing

I haven't set foot in a store since 2009. Haven't needed shoes since 2011. :)

Just kidding. If I could buy a car without the dealership experience, however, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Reactions: nickjs1984

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you have any problems when you call up to get an appointment and they put you off just call your sales guy and tell him... that's what I did and he got me right in. I was surprised when you go in there there's barely anyone in the service area but supposedly they're so busy.... I've never gone to a service area of a dealership and seen it so empty

The audi in Westwood is very busy, people going every which way. (They service both Audis and Porche) I guess I just got a few bad experiences in Shrewsbury, that's why I switched. My previous car was a BMW bought new and it was serviced right down the road for almost 7 years (BMW had great warranty) and the service was impeccable. You were assigned a specific service advisor for each and every time you brought the car in. They bent over backwards to help me in every way. I was very pleased with the dealership. Every once in a while I miss my BMW except when I remember what it was like to drive it over a bumpy road (very, very rough ride)

For the MMI fix just search MMI screen fix and you'll see where you can order the parts (they might take a few weeks to a month or more depending on where you order them outside the US) and Roger has a great pictorial of exactly how to take it apart and put it back together. Me, I'm having my mechanic who works on all foreign cars do the installation. I don't have a problem taking it apart it's putting it back together correctly that worries me....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have a problem taking it apart it's putting it back together correctly that worries me....
Yeah, I always wind up with a few parts I can't account for after the job is finished. I just assumed I was super-efficient. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bagging and tagging parts as you take them off and even taking pictures of what goes where is a good way to go about it from my experience.
yeah, but where's the fun in that?? :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts