Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, My name is John.

My wife and I will be moving to D.C. in July and have our minds set on 2015 Q3 (Before the facelifted versions come out! Yikes!)

I wanted to contribute and be active before the purchase.

I hope I can contribute as much as I want to learn from here!

Nice to meet you all.

-John

·
Registered
262 Posts
John, Welcome from Ohio!!!

Good luck in your search. Are you just starting or are you planning on ordering your new Q3?? They can be difficult to find in just the right color and options if you have something already in mind... Ours ended up like that so we had to order but then again maybe you will be luckier than we were when we were looking.

Again welcome and good luck!!!! :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello John and welcome from the Hudson Valley of NY!

I ordered a Q3 December 29 and it should be with the dealer in a week or so.

While there is not too much official information on the face-lifted Q3, there is a lot of internet chatter pointing to a spring/summer arrival. One report on the AudiWorld site mentioned production of the current Q3 ended to begin re-tooling. So, if you are planning to buy in July the new version might well be available!

You'll find a lot of great information here. Look through the past threads and remember AudiUSA has a lot of videos on details of all vehicles.

Are you moving to DC proper or a surrounding area in VA or MD?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John, Welcome from Ohio!!!

Good luck in your search. Are you just starting or are you planning on ordering your new Q3?? They can be difficult to find in just the right color and options if you have something already in mind... Ours ended up like that so we had to order but then again maybe you will be luckier than we were when we were looking.

Again welcome and good luck!!!! :)
Thanks Joe!

I'm pretty flexible with options (as long as it has navigation) and I'm trying to decide between black or white! So I might get lucky and drive one off the lot. My first car was a white Mini cooper s and my last was a black Passat. I can't seem to get away from black&white :D

We are planning to have a kid soon, so maybe white would be a better choice...(I don't know where that rational came from but white seems more right haha)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello John and welcome from the Hudson Valley of NY!

I ordered a Q3 December 29 and it should be with the dealer in a week or so.

While there is not too much official information on the face-lifted Q3, there is a lot of internet chatter pointing to a spring/summer arrival. One report on the AudiWorld site mentioned production of the current Q3 ended to begin re-tooling. So, if you are planning to buy in July the new version might well be available!

You'll find a lot of great information here. Look through the past threads and remember AudiUSA has a lot of videos on details of all vehicles.

Are you moving to DC proper or a surrounding area in VA or MD?
Thanks John!

Woah, that was a long wait for your Q3 but I'm sure it's just the way you like it and the wait was well worth it.

I can't really decide how I feel about the face-lifted version. If it happens that by the time I'm in D.C. to purchase, the new version is out, I will just get the new version. Q3 just seems the right size and brand for my family / plan right now.

My work will be in D.C. but we will be in Arlington area in VA.

When you say AudiUSA, do you mean the official audi website?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks Joe!

I'm pretty flexible with options (as long as it has navigation) and I'm trying to decide between black or white! So I might get lucky and drive one off the lot. My first car was a white Mini cooper s and my last was a black Passat. I can't seem to get away from black&white :D

We are planning to have a kid soon, so maybe white would be a better choice...(I don't know where that rational came from but white seems more right haha)
Sounds like you have it all nailed down! All the best!!!

p.s. love your Gin!!!:D

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hey John -

Welcome - I'm sure you'll find a bunch of good stuff here - I think this is the largest and most active Q3 forum so far. And we look forward to your visits and contributions too. btw, I ordered mine on July 27 and picked it up 3 days before Thanksgiving - so a wait is not unusual...

2015 Q3 (non-facelifted version) orders have been closed for about the last 2-3 weeks. The EU has been able to order the facelifted version since about mid-December, but I think they will fill the EU market pipeline ahead of us. We prolly won't be able to order 2016s for another 2-3 months.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thanks Joe!

Well, white will reflect the heat instead of absorbing it. Less risk of overheating your little bundle of joy

Welcome to the forum! Where will you be moving from?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks John!

Woah, that was a long wait for your Q3 but I'm sure it's just the way you like it and the wait was well worth it.

I can't really decide how I feel about the face-lifted version. If it happens that by the time I'm in D.C. to purchase, the new version is out, I will just get the new version. Q3 just seems the right size and brand for my family / plan right now.

My work will be in D.C. but we will be in Arlington area in VA.

When you say AudiUSA, do you mean the official audi website?
I live in Maryland but bought my Q3 at Audi of Arlington. If you decide to buy there is a young but good sales person named Adrian, tell him Rick S. sent you. Watch out for the sales manager, Sean, he's a piece of work for sure.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey John -

Welcome - I'm sure you'll find a bunch of good stuff here - I think this is the largest and most active Q3 forum so far. And we look forward to your visits and contributions too. btw, I ordered mine on July 27 and picked it up 3 days before Thanksgiving - so a wait is not unusual...

2015 Q3 (non-facelifted version) orders have been closed for about the last 2-3 weeks. The EU has been able to order the facelifted version since about mid-December, but I think they will fill the EU market pipeline ahead of us. We prolly won't be able to order 2016s for another 2-3 months.
Thanks Roger!

I was reading your instructions on RSQ3 Grill and fold down MMI. Those will be the first DIYs on the car as soon as I get it, thanks to your great write up!

Since you say 2015 Q3 order is closed and 2016 Q3 orders will be in 2-3 months... I'm wondering if I can drive 2016 off the lot by end of July - beginning of August.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, white will reflect the heat instead of absorbing it. Less risk of overheating your little bundle of joy

Welcome to the forum! Where will you be moving from?
True!

I have actually moved around quite a lot of my schools. I was raised in Calgary, Alberta and moved out to attend a university in Montreal, Quebec. Last year I graduated from a graduate school in Washington D.C. and been in South Korea since for family and wedding. Now I'm heading back to Washington D.C. for at least 5 years for a higher degree from a graduate school.

Finally, time to settle down! 0:)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live in Maryland but bought my Q3 at Audi of Arlington. If you decide to buy there is a young but good sales person named Adrian, tell him Rick S. sent you. Watch out for the sales manager, Sean, he's a piece of work for sure.
Hi Rick!

I will make sure I do that in July. Maybe we can exchange emails, further down the summer.

Thanks for the heads up on the manager..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
p.s. love your Gin!!!:D
It's been awhile since I was partying hard enough to drink Gin, but I sure miss my martini with Tanqueray and a twist :D

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Thanks Roger!

I was reading your instructions on RSQ3 Grill and fold down MMI. Those will be the first DIYs on the car as soon as I get it, thanks to your great write up!

Since you say 2015 Q3 order is closed and 2016 Q3 orders will be in 2-3 months... I'm wondering if I can drive 2016 off the lot by end of July - beginning of August.
No prob :nerd: - as for end of July, early August availability of the 2016, I'd guess yes ... >:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome John.

I ordered my Q3 in October and received it a few weeks ago. I wanted a certain color with the prestige package and sport rims so it required being ordered. I have pics posted in my garage . It is Monsoon Gray with Gray interior but I did opt for the black headliner and pillars with wood grain inlays. very nice looking. I live in NC but had to go out of state to get the price I wanted. I have bought two Audi's since October and the first was a A6 prestige with the 3.0 supercharged engine that I got from Baltimore MD. Super deal price but had to massage it. The Q3 worked out better in Charlottesville VA. Both dealers came to my terms. If you decide to go the Q3 route and would like to talk about my deals let me know. As for the Q3 as a whole, I would like to share my thoughts on it. I really like the ride, color, style. It is peppy and nimble. Things I took for granted that I am not crazy about: I knew it did not come with home link garage opener but planned on changing the small rearview mirror with a gentex with home link. Bought the mirror and took the stock one off only to find that the wiper rain sensor is mounted over the regular bracket with a modified bracket that wont hold the gentex. I could take the rain sensor off and make it work but then no rain sensing. another is the monitor. I expected it to raise and lower as it does on the A3 but it is fixed and will not lower. Lastly the things that should be on a Prestige: memory seats, automatic mirror fold when car locked, led turn signals. One awkward feeling thing is the steering wheel. It does raise, lower and telescope but at the very lowest setting it still feels too high. I know this sounds like a lot but it is only a few things that will probably be in place on 2016 but I have seen the pics of the 2016 and I like the current style better. I used to own several Lexus product including the rx300 and can say this Q3 is perfect for a couple that the kids have grown up and moved out. We drove the Lincoln, Mercedes, Lexus, Acura, and Cadillac suvs and some had more options but for the styling inside and out, pricing for the options, you wont go wrong with the Q3. Good luck on your search. Roger

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Roger - sorry you couldn't catch my same fight with the Gentex mirror w/HomeLink - see my thread on the subject - but even if you take the rain sensor off there is no "regular" mount that will fit the Gentex - you'd really have to glue a new Gentex mount to the glass.

However, there remains hope for a HomeLink option (also see posts about)...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome John.

I ordered my Q3 in October and received it a few weeks ago. I wanted a certain color with the prestige package and sport rims so it required being ordered. I have pics posted in my garage . It is Monsoon Gray with Gray interior but I did opt for the black headliner and pillars with wood grain inlays. very nice looking. I live in NC but had to go out of state to get the price I wanted. I have bought two Audi's since October and the first was a A6 prestige with the 3.0 supercharged engine that I got from Baltimore MD. Super deal price but had to massage it. The Q3 worked out better in Charlottesville VA. Both dealers came to my terms. If you decide to go the Q3 route and would like to talk about my deals let me know. As for the Q3 as a whole, I would like to share my thoughts on it. I really like the ride, color, style. It is peppy and nimble. Things I took for granted that I am not crazy about: I knew it did not come with home link garage opener but planned on changing the small rearview mirror with a gentex with home link. Bought the mirror and took the stock one off only to find that the wiper rain sensor is mounted over the regular bracket with a modified bracket that wont hold the gentex. I could take the rain sensor off and make it work but then no rain sensing. another is the monitor. I expected it to raise and lower as it does on the A3 but it is fixed and will not lower. Lastly the things that should be on a Prestige: memory seats, automatic mirror fold when car locked, led turn signals. One awkward feeling thing is the steering wheel. It does raise, lower and telescope but at the very lowest setting it still feels too high. I know this sounds like a lot but it is only a few things that will probably be in place on 2016 but I have seen the pics of the 2016 and I like the current style better. I used to own several Lexus product including the rx300 and can say this Q3 is perfect for a couple that the kids have grown up and moved out. We drove the Lincoln, Mercedes, Lexus, Acura, and Cadillac suvs and some had more options but for the styling inside and out, pricing for the options, you wont go wrong with the Q3. Good luck on your search. Roger
Hi Roger!

Thank you for your detailed opinion! I will keep those things in mind when shopping...;) We are planning to have a child now, so Q3 should hold up for at least 5 years.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts