Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
yup ...thanks and welcome to the forum - please continue to contribute ;)

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm afraid to click on the link for fear of being Rick Rolled!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Awesome how its all free with them instead asking for a donation if you can. Will have to bookmark that and maybe even make it part of a sticky thread here!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am not sure if the information on this website is for NAR cars. I actually tried one of the mods, DRLs in Auto Mode Only, and the code didn't work.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I am not sure if the information on this website is for NAR cars. I actually tried one of the mods, DRLs in Auto Mode Only, and the code didn't work.
That is quite possible, and considering that difference it might a matter of some code destinations that need to be changed to make it work, hopefully its as easy as it sounds... meaning sooner for it to happen.

·
Registered
400 Posts
What do you do with these codes? How do you actually use them?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
What do you do with these codes? How do you actually use them?
John - sorry to overstate the obvious - go to the head of this section and read the intros and stickies - you'll get the drift ...

·
Registered
400 Posts
John - sorry to overstate the obvious - go to the head of this section and read the intros and stickies - you'll get the drift ...
OK, I read it. I quickly realized this is way above my intellectual capacity or mechanical ability.
I did have to look up the acronym VCDS since I wanted to know what that is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VAG-COM

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
OK, I read it. I quickly realized this is way above my intellectual capacity or mechanical ability.
I did have to look up the acronym VCDS since I wanted to know what that is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VAG-COM
If you can operate Windows without tearing out your hair or chewing off your nails - or have survived the upgrade to Win 10, I feel pretty confident you could handle 90% of the coding we've discussed here. VCDS is a pretty solid piece of software that Uwe has taken great pains ('reserving all rights and reversing all wrongs') to make nearly idiot-proof while providing unparalleled access and utility that even Audi VAS can't rival - in fact I know several Audi techs that prefer to use VCDS because of its speed and ease of use - and the occasional "aggressive" scan mode that samples MORE frequently than Audi VAS for live dynamic results.

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you can operate Windows without tearing out your hair or chewing off your nails - or have survived the upgrade to Win 10, I feel pretty confident you could handle 90% of the coding we've discussed here. VCDS is a pretty solid piece of software that Uwe has taken great pains ('reserving all rights and reversing all wrongs') to make nearly idiot-proof while providing unparalleled access and utility that even Audi VAS can't rival - in fact I know several Audi techs that prefer to use VCDS because of its speed and ease of use - and the occasional "aggressive" scan mode that samples MORE frequently than Audi VAS for live dynamic results.
Oh how I wish I lived closer to you! I would never tackle this alone - would want someone to show me the first time. Some of these mods are pretty awesome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts