Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from NorCal,
Just joined the forum. Picked up a 2021 Q3 S-Line last week. View attachment 6052 View attachment 6055 View attachment 6054
How are you liking your 2021 Q3? I just purchased a 2020 Q3 and i am loving it! Although i am having a slight issue with height of the car when sitting in the drivers seat. I currently have the 18 inch wheels but I’m curious to see if the 19 inch wheels make a difference in car height. It looks like u have 19 inch wheels, do you feel like you are sitting up in view as opposed to sitting closer to the floor like a sedan?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 20” wheels. I would think the heights are all the same regardless of the rim size. I think the difference in the rim size is offset by the tire. For example, 18” smaller rim but more rubber, 20” larger rim but less rubber. They basically measure the same height in overall diameter (give or take a few cm). It drives fine but more sensitive to feeling the road/bumps considering having less rubber 🍻

·
Super Moderator
191 Posts
I have a 2021 Q3 and I notcied the ride ehgith in the vehicle is definietly different than the 2018 model as I had that for 3 years before this Q3. I prefer the ride height of the 2018 Q3 over the 2021.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How are you liking your 2021 Q3? I just purchased a 2020 Q3 and i am loving it! Although i am having a slight issue with height of the car when sitting in the drivers seat. I currently have the 18 inch wheels but I’m curious to see if the 19 inch wheels make a difference in car height. It looks like u have 19 inch wheels, do you feel like you are sitting up in view as opposed to sitting closer to the floor like a sedan?
I have a 2019 with 19" wheels and am quite comfortable but I don't think that the wheel size will make any difference with your issue. The ride height should be the the same with either wheel size, the difference being made up by the tire size, for example I'm running 17" with snow tires and height is exactly the same as A/S on the 19's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts