Audi Q3 Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
No updates about the Q3 on the ship as it's supposed to be here around 12/08.

But I noticed on the dealer web site that my Q3 is showing "available soon" and Please call for price.

I just emailed the dealer, pretty much WTH is going on and why is it on the web site.

Hope to find out before Sat morning or the mrs. said we're going to the dealer. (she scares me).LOL
Dealer got back to me and said that it is our car as the inventory always shows up on the website.

Just hope for his sake that it's true. Otherwise I'll need to hold back the Mrs. and that ain't pretty.

Be sure to ask your dealer to send a letter of expedition to the port before the ship berths. That could save you perhaps 48 hours. Also ask them to prioritize your PDI for you, so that should only take a few hours from when the truck pulls in - they could call you then so you can see it in its condom >:D

Discussion starter · #43 ·
Be sure to ask your dealer to send a letter of expedition to the port before the ship berths. That could save you perhaps 48 hours. Also ask them to prioritize your PDI for you, so that should only take a few hours from when the truck pulls in - they could call you then so you can see it in its condom >:D
Could be close to 4 months since the original purchase, so we could wait another 2 days.

But thanks for the info. You really know your stuff.

Dealer got back to me and said that it is our car as the inventory always shows up on the website.

Just hope for his sake that it's true. Otherwise I'll need to hold back the Mrs. and that ain't pretty.
I just checked on our car, and just like yours, the exact specs are listed on the dealer's website as an incoming car.

Ours isn't due for delivery to us til mid-January, however.......does that mean it may come in sooner? A VIN is also listed..when does that happen?

I just checked on our car, and just like yours, the exact specs are listed on the dealer's website as an incoming car.

Ours isn't due for delivery to us til mid-January, however.......does that mean it may come in sooner? A VIN is also listed..when does that happen?
You might check out this post http://www.audiq3forum.com/forum/31...st-i-tried-confirm-ship-loaded.html#post17698 and its mother threads - there's a lot of info throughout this section - your VIN usually shows up just prior to status 15 - send me a PM if want more help...

Discussion starter · #51 ·
The Q3 is home and parked in the garage.

Obviously it will be taking time getting used to everything new.

Hard to believe that it took almost 4 months since we placed our order.

In the meantime, I have some reading to do to see what does what.

The first thing was to see how to raise the nev voice as it was very low coming home. From what I can see I need to turn the small wheel on the steering up to raise or lower the voice and I'll check that out tomorow after work.

My big three projects are:

1) Getting the MMI bin from Roger so the screen will fold down.
2) Installing a Homelink system.
3) Installing a memory seat module.

The Q3 is home and parked in the garage.

Obviously it will be taking time getting used to everything new.

Hard to believe that it took almost 4 months since we placed our order.

In the meantime, I have some reading to do to see what does what.

The first thing was to see how to raise the nev voice as it was very low coming home. From what I can see I need to turn the small wheel on the steering up to raise or lower the voice and I'll check that out tomorow after work.

My big three projects are:

1) Getting the MMI bin from Roger so the screen will fold down.
2) Installing a Homelink system.
3) Installing a memory seat module.
First, glad you finally got your wheels - you'll be a happy family very soon about it. Second, there are two ways to adjust the Nav voice volume, one is in the MMI settings, the other, simply adjust the volume WHILE the Nav voice is active. Both will be relative to the audio system volume and will be remembered...you can use either the roll-switch on the steering wheel or the volume control on the dash.

As to your list, I'll help you with numbers 1 and 2, you help us with number 3 ;)

Discussion starter · #53 ·
First, glad you finally got your wheels - you'll be a happy family very soon about it. Second, there are two ways to adjust the Nav voice volume, one is in the MMI settings, the other, simply adjust the volume WHILE the Nav voice is active. Both will be relative to the audio system volume and will be remembered...you can use either the roll-switch on the steering wheel or the volume control on the dash.

As to your list, I'll help you with numbers 1 and 2, you help us with number 3 ;)
Opps!

4) Weathertech (like) floor mats.

The Audi ones just shipped (today from Spain) so I hope to see 'em by the end of the week ...

Will do - with pics too ...

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.