Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all the great information on this forum. It was key in me deciding what options and accessories to get for my on-order 2016 Q3 Prestige in Florett Silver (black interior) with Sports Package and Homelink.

My dealer sales rep has been great in emailing me copies of update printouts from their system on the status of my order when I ask, but the delivery date is currently vague. I'm signed up for owner-in-waiting emails, but only got a "1. Ordered" email (Sept 3) so far.

So I need a "second opinion" on my delivery date--note below info:

On Oct 8, page 3 of dealer printout, "Logistics" subhead, shows:
"Order Created": July 23 [true]
"Factory Submitted": Sept 14
"Frozen to Changes": Sept 30
"Production Week": 4415 [Oct 26 to Nov 1]
The other line items on this Logistics subhead are blank.

On page 1 of the printout, "Overview" subhead, are listed key items like COMM #; Vehicle Status (Factory); Order Type (SHIP).

But the only projected delivery date anywhere is a vague reference to it on this Oct 8 printout, page 1:
ETA: 11/2015

But a 3-day-earlier Oct 5 printout the sales rep showed me says:
ETA: 12/2015!

We're hoping to get our Q3 at the arrival port (Houston) by the end of Nov (if we have any control). Reason?: we need time to get it (and presents etc.) ready for our kids who are coming for Christmas. Dealer rule-of-thumb delivery estimate was end of Oct.

*Would appreciate any ideas on delivery and magic speedup tips.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Welcome to the forum - I'm sure you've read thru all the threads on orders and deliveries, but if you haven't - wade thru them. You'll find all kinds of interesting stuff -
Meanwhile if you PM me your Comm. No. I will do some more checking within Audi for you from time to time - but be aware, things DO change a bit and the system is neither perfect nor super predictable - but they can get pretty close. I need your CommNo for any real data though ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quatto: Thanks for the welcome. By the way, forgot to mention that my Q3 is a Quattro.

Roger: Thanks for the welcome, insight, and offer. I PM'd you.

I've looked for something to contribute to the forum, but that's hard since you guys seem to have all the bases covered.

However, in researching how to keep my Q3 cool in the sun, I've found references to some apparently scientific studies. These are from an interested academic in Malaysia, where it's Really hot.

First, heat study summaries on car color; sunshades; windows film:
http://www.christopherteh.com/blog/2013/03/car-cool/

Second, a primer on how UV, VL, & IR warm a car interior; then an overview of ventilation vs sunshades vs window film in cooling it:
http://www.christopherteh.com/blog/2013/12/windowfilms-pt-1/

Third is an overview on window film construction and suggestions on what to consider in selecting good window film:
http://www.christopherteh.com/blog/2013/12/windowfilms-pt-2/

The above is Much Better than the hearsay, opinions, and miscellaneous videos of people selling cars and windows film.

BUT, I've found no unbiased suggestions for Specific window film e.g. metallic? ceramic? 3M? etc. So, the first of 3 questions:

1) Does anybody have any comparisons of different windows films or experience in types/brands of windows film they recommend?

Two other key questions that seem still hanging in the forum:

2) Has anyone found out if memory seat functions can be installed in an existing Q3 seat by modifying it? (Roger worked on this and thought no; then maybe yes; but I'm unsure of current status.)

3) Does anyone know how to get a pdf of or online access to the Q3 owners manual? (Is it true you can get that info on my.audi.com if you have your VIN? Videos are good; manual would be better.)

Thanks again.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Two other key questions that seem still hanging in the forum:

2) Has anyone found out if memory seat functions can be installed in an existing Q3 seat by modifying it? (Roger worked on this and thought no; then maybe yes; but I'm unsure of current status.)

3) Does anyone know how to get a pdf of or online access to the Q3 owners manual? (Is it true you can get that info on my.audi.com if you have your VIN? Videos are good; manual would be better.)
Both those topic have been covered elsewhere in this forum, but the short answer for both is the same: NO!

Modifying the seats has been found to be cost prohibitive, but there has been some discussion the VW Tiquan seats might work....but apparently no one here has tested that possibility.

No one here as found an online owners manual....regardless of knowing the VIN.

Question for you.....why all the interest and research of heat and sunlight and its affects on cars? Are you in Arizona?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DampDuffer: Thanks for answering my questions. I'd seen several discussions of both in the forum but missed definitive answers.

I live in New Mexico at 7,000 feet where heat and sunlight are intense and a new car needs to be well protected from them.

I like objective information on things I know nothing about e.g. how to best protect a new car from heat and sun damage. My links above show the huge difference car color and window film can make.

Window films are notoriously variable. I need knowledgeable help.

Nice screen name and avatar. Also, excellent taste in your Q3 model and color selection [same as mine]

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ah, I too lived at altitude in New Mexico for a number of years....at the base of the tram in Albuquerque.

And you are so right about the sun's effects. After living at sea level in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina where I owned a '84 300ZX with perfect paint, within six months of moving to Albuquerque, the dark brown paint on that car checkered and cracked badly, and my wife's red truck faded so badly, we sold both as soon as we moved further west.

Welcome, I'm doubting we have any other Q3 forum contributors in New Mexico... :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. Too bad about your vehicles. Sounds like you didn't have much shade. Yes the sun in Albuquerque can be too much. Likewise for the canyon winds. Balloon Fiesta is always awesome though.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Poor 300zx. That's one thing about paint i always understood... sun can be damaging. I probably overwaxed my vehicles but fortunately the paint always lasted well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts