Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to post an image in in this forum.

First: Your image needs to be up somewhere on the internet as a picture already. Some websites where one can quickly upload images include Photobucket.com and Imgur.com.

Second: Once the picture is up and viewable, copy the URL.

Third: Start a post and click on the yellow icon with a mountain in it. When you hover it says "Insert Image".

At this point simply paste the saved URL and click the OK button.

On a windows computer, CTR+C is copy; CTR+V is paste.

Now your image is ready. Finish writing what you want and submit or preview it.

So, I used our own forum picture as a demo.
I right clicked on the image and selected "Copy Image URL".
Then I hit the yellow mountain ICON and pressed "CTRL V".
Then I clicked OK and I'm done.

How to post an Attachment.

Go to the advanced posting menu

Once there click on the paper clip icon. This should prompt a small window to pop up.

In the attachment window click Browse to select a file from your Computer/Tablet/Phone

Once you're done adding images hit Submit to attach the images to your post.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Uploading to the forum is also an option you should have mentioned, which for some may be easier, just throwing that out there.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Uploading to the forum is also an option you should have mentioned, which for some may be easier, just throwing that out there.
...which is what I was trying to do from my iPad, but it seems the forum is basically more PC friendly - :(

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Try going on the mobile skin while you're on your IPad. It should work better for you.

~ dm, community support
I'm already using it: seems this is a different issue than the skin, perhaps something in either the browser capture code or the HTML in the forum page...beyond my ability.:crying:

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
How to post an image in in this forum.

First: Your image needs to be up somewhere on the internet as a picture already. Some websites where one can quickly upload images include Photobucket.com and Imgur.com.

Second: Once the picture is up and viewable, copy the URL.

Third: Start a post and click on the yellow icon with a mountain in it. When you hover it says "Insert Image".

At this point simply paste the saved URL and click the OK button.

On a windows computer, CTR+C is copy; CTR+V is paste.

Now your image is ready. Finish writing what you want and submit or preview it.

So, I used our own forum picture as a demo.
I right clicked on the image and selected "Copy Image URL".
Then I hit the yellow mountain ICON and pressed "CTRL V".
Then I clicked OK and I'm done.

How to post an Attachment.

Go to the advanced posting menu

Once there click on the paper clip icon. This should prompt a small window to pop up.

In the attachment window click Browse to select a file from your Computer/Tablet/Phone

Once you're done adding images hit Submit to attach the images to your post.

I AM doing exactly the above from Firefox (or Safari, or IE or Chrome - how many browsers do I need to try???) - AND I SEE the pics, others from outside the forum see the pics, but there's issue from folks INSIDE the forum seeing them. I can put the SAME links to either the pics themselves or the specific post that has the pics into an email and THEY see the pics - so what's up from WITHIN the forum except for myself? How does one post the so-called thumb-nail which when clicked on opens up the bigger pic.

·
Registered
119 Posts

I have not been able to upload my avatar image from my PC, keep getting "file upload failed" message. I have even reduced the image size below the size mentioned and it still fails. Any ideas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts