Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121550393458?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I bought this for US$18.00 delivered. It charges a new iPhone 6 and the 3.5mm audio function works. It does not give full iPhone usability though. With Bluetooth for the iPhone audio I am happy. A lot of aftermarket iPhone charge cables do not work but this one does not even generate a warning message. I tested the audio by plugging it into the iPhone headphone jack.

I wish it were a touch longer but it reaches out enough to keep the phone in the tailward cup holder.

This is not a guarantee it will work for you though, products from China being what they are.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Great idea - think I'll get one. Thanks for the contribution -

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought the adapter cable from apple 3 months ago. It is about 6" long so you can drop the phone into the cup holder. Works fine. Around 29.00 I think.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the adapter cable from apple 3 months ago. It is about 6" long so you can drop the phone into the cup holder. Works fine. Around 29.00 I think.
Apple USA wants $39 today free shipping.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Price must have gone up. Anyway, it does work (it better for $ 39).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Anyone have any problem playing the music on their Iphone 6's thru the bluetooth? Sometimes it playes, sometimes I have to manually help it along by going into my music on the phone and starting it there. It shows up on the screen with a blank song title and 00:00 on the song length. Weird. Then they'll be other times it'll ask me if I want to search for a bluetooth player, I'll select it and it plays!

Did any of you guys get an MMI cord from the dealer with your car? I thought they came standard with the prestige package in the US? I could be wrong. It's a very short cord though I have to say.

Anne

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Anyone have any problem playing the music on their Iphone 6's thru the bluetooth? Sometimes it playes, sometimes I have to manually help it along by going into my music on the phone and starting it there. It shows up on the screen with a blank song title and 00:00 on the song length. Weird. Then they'll be other times it'll ask me if I want to search for a bluetooth player, I'll select it and it plays!

Did any of you guys get an MMI cord from the dealer with your car? I thought they came standard with the prestige package in the US? I could be wrong. It's a very short cord though I have to say.

Anne
I've had the issue with my iPhone as well, but thought it was just the car trying to find the right priority between my phone and my wife's. Also the MMI cable (to the old iOS connector) IS included with Prestige cars. But I think the cable talked about above is for a lightning connector and audio not the last gen multi...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Canadians get the 30 pin MMI cable. I assume that is because you can buy the converter to the Lightning but not from Lightning to 30 pin.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you are hoping to use the MMI cable for music directly from a Lightning port on an iPhone be sure to buy an Apple Lightning to 30-pin adaptor.
The 30-pin MMI connector uses the analog output of a 30-pin iPod/iPhone to play music.
Since the Lightning port does not have an analog output the Apple adaptor contains a digital to analog converter that sends the converted analog music to the correct pins on the 30-pin connector.
A non-Apple adaptor may not have this built in function. The Apple adaptor also allows the iPhone to charge when connected. $39 is not much to pay considering all of the electronics built into the Apple adaptor.
Just be aware that's all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts