Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

New Q3, but long time car owner and tinkerer here.

I'm hoping someone can help me with an installation query please.

I am trying to install an aftermarket upgrade to allow the factory screen to utilise carplay and have been following this video, which is also the item I have;

Install Video

The trouble though is that this video is not for the Q3, so the under-dash power connection is not in the same place.

I have been working all day on this and am tearing my hair out as to where it goes.

The company said there should be a red connection above the pedals but I cannot see this anywhere.

Here are some pictures of what is left to connect and under the dash.

This is meant to replace a connection somewhere, with the black side connecting to the one I remove.

The rest of these are under the drivers side and I cannot see where it would go.

I hope someone can help with this as I am reluctant to take it somewhere for this last connection, seeing as I have done everything else in the video, including the touch screen install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just thought I would share an update that today I have got it up and running. Very pleased with the end result as well.

It turns out the connection in question is behind the passenger side glove box. As soon as I took that off it was right in front of me.

Sharing the information in the hope someone else finds it helps them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts