Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lowering woes..... After being lowered on stock OEM shocks with H&R springs I always felt room for improvement. I was lucky to score Koni Yellow Sports which I picked up used (40k kms) for a desirable price of 200usd. They were originally fitted to a MK6 GOLF GTI but despite their minor comparison differences like in photos and for the price I took the risk. Everything installed today and they work superb on the Q3, everything just bolts on and fits. I'll never run stock shocks with lowering springs ever again on any car I own....yeah the cornering and looks do improve a bit when you do it, but without the right shocks and struts you're belittling your cars worth and what it has to offer for your driving experience. This set up now makes all the difference from comfort, handling, cornering, acceleration, braking, steering feel. It's the perfect street daily set up for the enthusiast.

P.S Koni do make dampers and struts for the Q3 specifically on their catalogue... But it might be more common to find a set of used/new golf/jetta/a3 dampers and if you do...at least you know they can be retrofit 👍

20210113_173508.jpg

20201228_214929.jpg

Spreader tool is a must have.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Impressive wheels you have there. I really like the simplicity of five-spoke wheels.
thanks man
they're from a 2018 A5 S-Line

i had the peelers on before in 19'' from an A5, but wanted to try 18s and found these for 350USD for the lot in mint condition. the car originally came with 17s, but now i find 18s are the sweet spot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts