Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Word out of Germany has Porsche building a small crossover to sit below the Macan.

If the story holds true Porsche will be looking to make the baby CUV the most aggressive of the three. It's thought the smallest soft roader could feature a coupe like roofline and be offered in 2 and 4 door layouts.

It's not known what platform the little Porsche could use. It's possible the Q3 is reworked just like they did when the Q5 was worked over to become the Macan. However there is also the distinct possibility that this is the first ground up Porsche SUV.

In light of VW's recent issues we're not sure if VW will go the exotic route, its likely a quicker time to market and more cost efficient to make the Q3 into what you need instead of building from the ground up what you want...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Oh my....pity it won't be in my price range...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Oh my....pity it won't be in my price range...
Really?
You could probably trade-in your two Q3s and Honda and at least have enough to make monthly payments...>:D
Beautiful car....hopefully it will have the Porsche spirit!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Awesome. Most likely use the MQB platform architecture of the VW family. Which will be the underpinnings of the next gen Q3. All is still good at product development I hope.
?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Awesome. Most likely use the MQB platform architecture of the VW family. Which will be the underpinnings of the next gen Q3. All is still good at product development I hope.
?
I agree 1000% ...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Really?
You could probably trade-in your two Q3s and Honda and at least have enough to make monthly payments...>:D
Beautiful car....hopefully it will have the Porsche spirit!!

The beauty of the 2 vehicles (for me) is choice! The Porsche pricing might negate one of the vehicles and I love to have a choice. I really enjoy selecting the right tool for the job each day. Today I needed the Odyssey as the tool of choice due to kids and their stuff and it is just wonderful to have both vehicles available. Also, I need to save my dough so when Roger successfully brings over the SQ3 here I can trade in my Q3!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Any Porsche is almost ala carte pricing for anything beyond the Chassis & Engine.

When we were looking for a GLK replacement in the Macan & configured it the same as our GLK, it was $22K more than what the GLK's sticker was in 2011.
Needless to say, we are very happy with our Macan lite aka Audi Q3.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts