Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Not been a lurker for long but finally joined having purchased a Q3 2016 recently from a main dealer that is seemingly like a too good to be true car.

The most recent issue is the 38k gearbox service - is there a way of telling whether this has been done?
Issue at hand is despite being a main Audi dealer, they're chasing their tails. Records are only showing Haldex and Brake being done however because next to Haldex they have input "Gear" they 'think' its been done.
Now when comparing parts to my A7 parts used for its gear service, I know it uses a fair bit of oil, a filter, a seal etc. None of this is in the record for the Q3 but what is, ties up with Haldex service.

They apparently cant find the job card for it either to confirm and while I have a 2 year Audi warranty on it, I need to check we've covered all bases if the gearbox does go pop and it turns out it was not done.

I suspect there is no way without maybe checking the oil or possibly the plug to see if its new or not?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup that was the plan but wanted to know if they could tell by a physical check on whether it had been done or not
The system is shared by all dealerships so whether I went to my local or one 200 miles away, they would see what I mentioned in the original post - I was hanging onto a few threads hoping there was a physical way to tell.

Either way, it's all sorted - they finally admit yesterday they found the job card and it had not been done. What happened was labour was charged but parts were not in-stock supposedly and so parked but never was done before handover.
Quite shoddy but main thing is its being done now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts