Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried to confirm my ship-loaded status as of yesterday on the Eternal Ace - I get the "your car just literally missed the boat" remark from my stealer. Now it's new ETA for ship-loaded is 3 Nov and stealer-ready on 1 Dec :eek:

...this from an order taken on 25 July - :crying::mad::(:redface::confused::rolleyes:

Now to hope it really makes the Sunrise Ace ...:|

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just tried to confirm my ship-loaded status as of yesterday on the Eternal Ace - I get the "your car just literally missed the boat" remark from my stealer. Now it's new ETA for ship-loaded is 3 Nov and stealer-ready on 1 Dec :eek:

...this from an order taken on 25 July - :crying::mad::(:redface::confused::rolleyes:

Now to hope it really makes the Sunrise Ace ...:|
This is really starting to annoy me. How the **** can a car ordered on July 25 take until Dec 1st to be ready.

I did email Brad Stertz today from Audi and told him on my displeasure of this being our Audi purchase and it shouldn't take 4-5 months to receive the car Brad is in the PR Department.

Don't get me wrong but the Q3 isn't a hand built Ferrari.

Hope to hear from him this week and will report any news.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps you'll have better luck finding a car in the pipeline. Mine is comparatively unique and so far no duplicates any closer than mine.

I'm already in touch with regional AND national Audi Customer Managers, and have had more than one or two one-on-one chats with Scott Keogh in the past year, so I'm curious what they will say/do under Kundenbegeisterung ...

But I'm also a die-hard Audi fan (see garage) and will remain somewhat cool-headed. Nobody has a perfect supply chain and carriers are infamous for jousting RoRos for favors I'm sure VW Logistics doesn't play.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered my 2015 Q3 Premium Plus Quattro on July 28th from New Orleans Audi. My ETA for delivery was initially October, however it is now showing December 8th. Seems to be the norm Roger.

Derek

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yours is prolly on the same vessel as mine - the Sunrise Ace. I believe the extra few days is to get from Brunswick to NOLA ...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Perhaps you'll have better luck finding a car in the pipeline. Mine is comparatively unique and so far no duplicates any closer than mine.

I'm already in touch with regional AND national Audi Customer Managers, and have had more than one or two one-on-one chats with Scott Keogh in the past year, so I'm curious what they will say/do under Kundenbegeisterung ...

But I'm also a die-hard Audi fan (see garage) and will remain somewhat cool-headed. Nobody has a perfect supply chain and carriers are infamous for jousting RoRos for favors I'm sure VW Logistics doesn't play.
I'm in NJ and have been on every dealers site from Conn, MA, PA, NY, DE, MD. Most very dealer that has anything on their web site says arriving soon. While there are a few out there, they are bare bones.

I ordered the Brilliant Black with black interior, MMI and driver assistance package and power tailgate.

I'm really hoping to get a phone call this week from Brad in Audi PR. If not I'm going to have to hold my wife back next weekend as she's wants to go to the dealer and rip someone's head off. She like me, feels that the so-called tagged Q3 that my dealer claims was ours and another dealer claimed it was actually sold to someone else who was willing to pay a higher price and the salesman/dealer agreed.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...She like me, feels that the so-called tagged Q3 that my dealer claims was ours and another dealer claimed it was actually sold to someone else who was willing to pay a higher price and the salesman/dealer agreed.
Another dealer CANNOT merely claim a sold car. Do you have a document from them (and accessaudi) that shows the car's status in your name. You should have. As soon as you gave them a deposit, they should have documented the car as yours within accessaudi - as a "SOLD- Customer Sold Order" under the Order Type. You should have a "Commission Number" and an Order Status (prolly IS or 05).

Here's a short summary of Order Status :

IS or (05) : INTAKE ORDER BANK - this is essentially an allocation request for specified content (options) - but at even this point, the Order Type should show Customer Sold. Until it reaches the next step, you can modify things like options, color etc.
(10) FACTORY ORDER BANK - at this stage the allocation has been committed by the factory and content (options) cannot be changed.
(15) PRODUCTION STOCK - the car is built.
(20) INTRANSIT FROM FACTORY - this includes inland Europe (e.g. Martorell - Wolfsburg - Emden) up until ship-loading and oversea shipment.
(25) PORT STOCK - at this point the car is in the destination port (for me Brunswick, GA)
(30) INTRANSIT INLAND - this is where the car is moving from the port to the dealer.
(35) DEALER STOCK - as you can guess, by now arrived at the dealer
(40) DEALER DELIVERED - the last (sometimes) progress stage noted.

If you don't have a document showing you the Commission Number and Order Status, they may have been smoking you from the beginning. If you find/prove THAT to be true you have solid grounds for a lawsuit that quite likely would end up with you having at least a FREE car and possibly a free dealership as well. In the end it could be as likely that AoA would pull their franchise from such an unscrupulous bunch. Check your buyer agreement ASAP - on the other hand IT might give them the right to enact such a deal fully empowered to do so - it's a contract after all. They SHOULD have also put your car and you into Audi Customer In-Waiting - a sort of serial email notice to you at some of the stages above, so you can anticipate and drool over its arrival ...

Do you know a cop - check if "your"car has been registered. Or, go to another dealer and see if a car meeting your spec has been in the pipeline recently and delivered "somewhere else."

·
Registered
451 Posts
I do have a purchase agreement (or at least an order form)for the Q3 with options, but no Commission number or Order status on it or even a VIN.

The "to be delivered date" is blank. Even the total owed on the form is off by $4000 in their favor and that's my fault for not verifying it.

Looks like someone was yanking my chain.

Guess the only thing I might have on my side is that someone at the dealer also signed what I have in hand.

I'm still hoping that my email yesterday to Brad (Audi PR) will at least get me a phone call.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should've had a Commission Number as soon as the order was input as an allocation request - that is when they could actually order the car, perhaps 1-3 days after you gave them a deposit against your buyer's order. The VIN won't show up until it's released for production during the Factory Order Bank (15) stage. You might see a Status (15) without a VIN if prior to Release for Production, and then after that actual date (NOT the ETA), still in Status (15) get a VIN...

I'm REAL curious what this guy Brad has to say : have you contacted your regional customer manager? If not get his name and number ASAP, don't just let your sales associate do it - do it yourself.

·
Registered
451 Posts
You should've had a Commission Number as soon as the order was input as an allocation request - that is when they could actually order the car, perhaps 1-3 days after you gave them a deposit against your buyer's order. The VIN won't show up until it's released for production during the Factory Order Bank (15) stage. You might see a Status (15) without a VIN if prior to Release for Production, and then after that actual date (NOT the ETA), still in Status (15) get a VIN...

I'm REAL curious what this guy Brad has to say : have you contacted your regional customer manager? If not get his name and number ASAP, don't just let your sales associate do it - do it yourself.
Lets see if Brad gets back to me first.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How are you tracking the sunrise ace Rodger?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found the vessel on VW Logistics schedule at PWL.de (first select the British flag for English, then select the trade route/lane, then VW Logistics RoRo). A PDF schedule will pop up - it changes every week, and you cannot get the historicals, so check this often enough to match your "Ship Loaded" ETA AND "Port Arrived" ETA. These vessels generally leave Emden and head to the east coast - usually Davisville for the north, and Brunswick or Houston for the south (check with your dealer - they can tell you). Once you match up the dates, you can reasonably see which vessel's route lines up.

Use something like MarineTraffic (there are a few, but I like their iOS app) and search for the vessel you found on PWL's schedule. Then you merely check the app to see where it is, it's current path, and ETA to next port - ultimately yours. Once it hits the port, you have between 2-10 days to expect it at your dealer. He'll take anywhere from 1-3 days for PDI and delivery to you.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well - good news sort of : :DI did get a confirmation this afternoon that my car DID make the boat - even Audi now agrees it's on the Sunrise Ace, after saying for weeks it was to be on the Grand Benelux which wasn't even on VW Logistics outlook for the next month or more, and happens to be headed into Valencia (on the Barcelona side) Spain. So, now all I have to do is track that baby into Brunswick (right now it's headed to pick up some Bimmers in Bremerhaven) and poke the port into turning my Q3 loose to me before Thanksgiving. That's gonna be a real stretch, but hey who knows??

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, the latest is the Sunrise Ace is past the English Channel into open sea (actually almost 1000 km due west of Casablanca) - ETA Charleston on the 19th, Brunswick the next day. So if all goes VERY well, it's possible the Q3 could make it to Greenville by 24-25th, and I might even have it in time for Thanksgiving -
Whoooeee!!!

Keeping fingers and toes crossed ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Q3 was on the Sunrise Ace as well and I presume unloaded at Charleston. I got the call tonight from the dealer it is on the lot. I will be picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I did not have the PDI the car, it is still in the wrapper, so that may have sped up its availability a day or so. Hope yours arrives soon!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BMWs come off at Charleston, VAG cars come off in Brunswick. I'm surprised your car's at your dealer already, usually the port needs a day or two to release to trucker, and NOLA is about as far from Brunswick as me in Greenville - still hope to have the car next week... Glad you got it though -

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would give YBH a call. They show 4 in stock, one of them being mythos black with Nav and driver assist, another brilliant black with Nav and power liftgate, and a third more heavily optioned in mythos. Give them a call and ask for John or Dan. Tell them Steve Brown referred you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just got confirmation that my Q3 (ordered 10/9) is on the Grande Sicilian which just left port at Emden bound for Zeebrugge. Seems possible that some others who are waiting out the last few weeks might have cars on the same vessel? It wasn't listed in the recent VW Logistics Roll-on/Roll-off schedule so kind of a surprise to get word from my dealer that it's aboard.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still - compared with myself and Derek, we both ordered in late July - and are just now getting our cars, you'll be doing okay to have it by Christmas...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts