Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
we just ordered the new hainon Q3 2016.

I hope the color looks close to the sepang version.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Welcome to the forum - I think your color is actually a bit brighter than Sepang, but has the same kind of shimmery depth - so you should be way happy ! It's SO much more exciting to the Q3 than Cobalt was ...

·
Registered
914 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

What other vehicles were you considering before deciding to go with the Q3?

Feel free to post pictures if you have any.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. the cobolt blue does look really boring.

we tried a few out there.
lexus is350
lexus nx
bmw x1
bmw 335
vw golf gti
vw tiguan
audi a3
Mercedes benz gla amg

·
Registered
54 Posts
We looked at a few others. Liked the 2016 BMW X1 but needed something sooner. I liked the Lexus NX but my wife thought it was too big. What was your thought process in selecting the Q3?
thanks guys. the cobolt blue does look really boring.

we tried a few out there.
lexus is350
lexus nx
bmw x1
bmw 335
vw golf gti
vw tiguan
audi a3
Mercedes benz gla amg

·
Registered
247 Posts
My wife and I tried out the Lexus NX and actually ordered one at first despite being concerned that it might be a little bigger than I wanted (being used to driving a Mini Cooper for 10 years and given that this purchase will be my main vehicle). I became disgruntled when Lexus would not build the car with the desired option config because they weren't shipping that config to my area. I had to either go up scale and pay for options I didn't want to get what I wanted or downscale and give up options I did want. On top of that I had concerns about buying a car from a dealer 175 miles from where I live as there's no local dealer...so would have to travel to Portland for warranty coverage period. I went out and demo'd the 2015 Q3 and found that I liked the smaller form factor so cancelled my Lexis order and eventually ordered the 2016 Q3. My sister-in-law has a BMW X1 so we took it on a test drive. Liked the get up and go and it has great gas mileage. Didn't like the fact that it shuts off at a stop (although one would probably get used to it). Didn't like the amount of wind noise I heard. Thought it was a bit low to the ground at a time when I was looking for a more SUV like raised seating experience.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My wife and I tried out the Lexus NX and actually ordered one at first despite being concerned that it might be a little bigger than I wanted (being used to driving a Mini Cooper for 10 years and given that this purchase will be my main vehicle)..
Interesting.....

Now that we have our brand new Q3, my 10 year-old Lexus RX400 is looking a little dated, and as soon as the 2016 NXs arrive I'm going to take a very hard look at buying one.....loaded!!

The NX is almost 10 inches longer than the Q3, but it is more than 5 inches shorter than my RX....

·
Registered
400 Posts
Interesting.....

Now that we have our brand new Q3, my 10 year-old Lexus RX400 is looking a little dated, and as soon as the 2016 NXs arrive I'm going to take a very hard look at buying one.....loaded!!

The NX is almost 10 inches longer than the Q3, but it is more than 5 inches shorter than my RX....
Don't do that! Get another Q3 - just like we have! I need someone else on this forum with two 2016 Q3s. :nerd:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yeah definitely. I hope we pick it up at the right time of day so the pics come out ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts