Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
..snip... So I'm left with two questions:

1. On the transmission, does the paddle shifters simply move into the next or previous gear but leave the mode in automatic and is this different than the +/- on the gear shift. Does selecting this on the gear shift put you in a manual only mode or simply up/down shift while in auto?

2. Does the steering dynamic mode just change the amount of power assist or does it change ratio as well?
1. Once you change gears with either paddles or stick you are placed in manual (M on the dash) mode for a period of time so it holds that gear. I have not figured out what triggers the change back to auto, but it seems time based or flicking the stick back left will trigger auto as well. I have the paddles and would say you can do without them as long as you like steering one handed. If you are in transmission S-port mode you cannot use the stick to change gears.

2) Dynamic mode 'stiffens' the steering with no change in ratio.

My decision to get the Sport package centered on wanting to have as much fun as possible.

You need a VIN to access the user manual online for more answers. PM me if you need a 2015 VIN.

·
Registered
300 Posts
..snip...). So for me the sport package is really only giving me an option for a stiffer responding steering (other features are not important to me). Is this really worth it? Do you notice that much difference? Is the standard steering too soft to have fun with?

Also, does the color information display with the Tech package show more info than the standard one? Do you find this useful?

Thanks again for the help. My dealer is still trying to track one down for me.

-Andy
The seats work well in spirited cornering, but the regular ones are nice enough. We kind of got "the works" knowing we were treating ourselves on a vehicle we will keep quite a while so our decision criteria was kind of "it's only a few bucks more" or "we may as well go all the way". I liked the 19 inch wheels as well and I thought the total package cost was "reasonable". I am sure you will enjoy the standard stuff, unless you are the kind of guy who kicks himself later for not splurging. Now that I think of it the steering change may come with "Dynamic Mode" not the sport package.

I cannot comment on the display contents sorry as I just do not know. I wonder if the manual covers both in detail? Use WA1GFEFSXFR003700 as a serial to see the 2015 manual, others will have to help you get a 2016 VIN.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I guess I am repeating a post, but...
..snip.. And those paddle shifters - I just don't get it. Why would anyone want to "pretend" they're driving a manual transmission. Either go manual, or go auto - but paddle shifters? Nah...snip..
When you go to S-port mode on the shifter you lose the ability to use the manual +/- shift positions so the paddles let you grab a gear 'right now' when in Sport mode. A nice feature for the curvy stuff. That's the "why" mostly, just for fun and being in complete control. But definitely just a 'nice to have'. Shift back to Auto mode and use the +/-, but you lose the throttle curve change.

PS: Also lets you shift without taking a hand off the wheel obviously, so a safety plus.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts