Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm almost 63 and I'm the principal driver of the Q3. My wife and I are both fairly slim and we both like the sport seats (did one long trip so far and felt very comfortable). We had a little time in a demo and I'm assuming it didn't have teh sport seats...but it wasn't enough time for us to be able to compare. I think you should try both seats before deciding if you have an opportunity. I have not used the paddle shifters and have not done sufficient testing of the different drive settings on the same course to really compare the difference in throttle and steering. I'm thinking that the paddle shifters might come in handy for downshifting during winter driving...but TBD on that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the sport package and will say that I am finding the paddle shifters useful for winter driving conditions. Also have no issues with the bolsters on the seats. Wife also gave a thumbs up to the comfort of the seats on a recent 1200 mile road trip. I didn't spend much time in the regular seats in our demo car, so I don't really have a good comparison...but I was used to the bolstering from my Mini and have never had any issue with it. I think this is simply a matter of personal preference and perhaps body type/height makes a difference in fit, as with anything one sits in. some will like, others won't. I'm still playing around with using S-port mode on the gear shift and the paddles, along with the drive select. All of these just add more fun to a car that is already very nice to drive. I wasn't sure I'd like the paddle shifters but after some use they are growing on me.

The Bose system does lack some for bass definition, but the system does a nice job overall with sound quality and in particular mid and higher ranges. I'm particularly enjoying streaming music through my iPhone using Pandora or Spotify.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts