Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so grateful to find you all. I love Audi's. I leased an A4 when my mom was sick and needed a more road safe care to travel than my Miata :eek: Last year I purchased a a 2015 A3...really wanted another convertible. Alas, it isn't great visibility and storage and my life has changed a bit and would love to have a Q3 to put bikes and kayaks on...Please help! I'm no very little about cars and have just started to look into the Q3. I've driven it and love it. Just not sure how to compare the Q3 options. Prestige and Premium? Or? I want a pre-owned/pre-certified? Years to look at re: improvements, maybe 2015 or newer? Thank you for letting me join you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
For USA models, there are mostly only minor cosmetic differences between 2015 to 2018 Q3s. There were no mechanical/engine/transmission differences over these years. Other than that, the early Nav/Stereo units did not have HD FM, or a WiFi cellular "hotspot" feature, and the 2017 Q3 got a USB power socket on the console. Audi juggled the contents of the trim levels, initially it was "Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige", and now it is "Sport, Premium, and Premium Plus". Also be aware that the Quattro all-wheel-drive system is an option, which adds about $1000 to $1500 to the price of a used Q3. The cheaper front-drive Q3 is fine if you don't require improved snow traction, they drive the same on dry roads, and the front-drive gets better MPG and accelerates faster.

Desireability of options is always in the "eyes-of-the-beholder", but for me, the side blind-spot "Assist" warning, the front and rear park distance warnings, the rear view camera, and the power tailgate are important. There is a "Sport Package" which has larger wheels and better bolstered front "Sport" seats which is nice to get too. Other "nice" options are wood trim (instead of the aluminum), and an upgraded Bose stereo system. For roof cargo, you need the "Base Carrier Bars", which are expensive if you buy them new from Audi. If you are handy, you can buy Q5 bars much cheaper used (or new on Ebay, $150), and easily modify them to fit the Q3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts