Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2018 used. It had 36000 miles on it. I hadn't checked the oil in it since I've only put about 3k on it since purchasing. Pressure waring came on I stopped turned it off and back on and drove it home which wasn't very far. Today I checked and it was down about 2 1/4 quarts!!. I topped it off with the recommended oil.
Should I worry? I never saw a leak. Do you think the non Audi dealer used the wrong oil? Or is this a common occurrence to use oil like this. I hope not.
I'm just about due for the 40k service. I'll mention this to the Audi dealership I'll bring it to.
Any thoughts ideas?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
165 Posts
From my experience, it was normal for my Audi's to burn a little bit of oil between changes...all of mine did that except for the 2018 I just got rid of but the last 4 before that always burned a quart of oil between oil changes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my 2018 used. It had 36000 miles on it. I hadn't checked the oil in it since I've only put about 3k on it since purchasing. Pressure waring came on I stopped turned it off and back on and drove it home which wasn't very far. Today I checked and it was down about 2 1/4 quarts!!. I topped it off with the recommended oil.
Should I worry? I never saw a leak. Do you think the non Audi dealer used the wrong oil? Or is this a common occurrence to use oil like this. I hope not.
I'm just about due for the 40k service. I'll mention this to the Audi dealership I'll bring it to.
Any thoughts ideas?
Thanks
I would bet that whoever changed the oil last didn’t fill it properly. To burn 2.5 quarts is unusual in that many miles. I would recommend checking it several times (while cold on a level surface) between now and your 40k service.
by the way “using the wrong oil” wouldn’t cause it to disappear.
as far as worrying, you most likely are ok. The warning light came on, you filled it right away. There was still oil on the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts