Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Audi Q3 S Line Premium Plus 45 TFSI Quattro
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 2021 Macan GTS owner who just bought a 2021 Audi Q3 for my wife. Her previous car, much beloved by her, was out of warranty and showing some electronic gremlins, so.... We opted for a new car for her. We had space constraints in our garage, so the smaller "CUV" like the Q3 appealed to us.

We looked at one at our local dealer, Audi of Fort Lauderdale, and were blown away by it. It is a highly optioned, RED,Q3 S Line Premium Plus with some nice options, like the
Black Optic Sport package. I have to stay, as a Macan guy, I am very impressed with the car. Comparably equipped as my Macan at HALF the price. I don't think it is as performance oriented or as "built" as mine, but it is a very nice machine. And, it uses REGULAR GAS !!!!!!

It setting it up I discoverd that while it is CAPABLE of WIRELESS CarPlay, it requires the NAV package to implement it. I further discovered through some Internet research, the Audis are mostly configured with ALL their technology from the Factory, but some functions may require dealer activation.

So, while CarPlay is not a major concern for my wife (she does like the Apple Maps on the Audi Big Screen...(a better implementation than on my Macan by the way...:rolleyes:) ) she can live without the wireless aspect. NOT ME !!!

So, is there a fix or suggestion from the Forum to address my wireless CarPlay/NAV issue? I have read that one can by the NAV package for $850 a year. Next question. If one did buy the NAV package and did not renew it, would it continue to function with "out dated" maps, or would the entire module, and by extension, the WIRELESS CarPlay cease to function?

Anticipating some interesting, (I hope ) responses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure but it looks like odbeleven (OBDeleven) can do it.

Also Kufatec sells a dongle which might enable it: KUFATEC

According to Kufatec it is only suitable for vehicles with PR-No.: 7UG, 7UH MMI navigation plus navigation system with touch function and PR-No.: UF7, UF8, UI2 Apple Carplay. I Don't know if NAV needs to be enabled, my Q3 has PR-No 7UH and UF8 but NAV is not enabled.

I tried enabling navigation using Functions on Demand but that did not enable navigation, only weather, news and other stuff I don't need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure but it looks like odbeleven (OBDeleven) can do it.

Also Kufatec sells a dongle which might enable it: KUFATEC

According to Kufatec it is only suitable for vehicles with PR-No.: 7UG, 7UH MMI navigation plus navigation system with touch function and PR-No.: UF7, UF8, UI2 Apple Carplay. I Don't know if NAV needs to be enabled, my Q3 has PR-No 7UH and UF8 but NAV is not enabled.

I tried enabling navigation using Functions on Demand but that did not enable navigation, only weather, news and other stuff I don't need.
Thanks for the response. I don't want to go the 'dongle' route. Wireless is not a big deal for the wife. She only likes CarPlay for the Maps, and she is "ok" with the cable. I, on the other hand, like tech for tech's sake:rolleyes:, and would like the Wireless capability to work. Everything I can find on the Internet says for wireless connectivity I need either the Technology Package or the NAV package. I recently read on the Internet that the NAV package was available to retro-implement, but the Audi dealer today didn't know what I was talking about. Scary, huh?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the response. I don't want to go the 'dongle' route. Wireless is not a big deal for the wife. She only likes CarPlay for the Maps, and she is "ok" with the cable. I, on the other hand, like tech for tech's sake:rolleyes:, and would like the Wireless capability to work. Everything I can find on the Internet says for wireless connectivity I need either the Technology Package or the NAV package. I recently read on the Internet that the NAV package was available to retro-implement, but the Audi dealer today didn't know what I was talking about. Scary, huh?
The dongle does not have to stay in. It just enables the function, after enabling it the dongle can be removed. The difference is that odbeleven can do much more than just enable wireless CapPlay, the dongle solution is easier but can only do one thing.

Does the Q3 have the NAV button on the screen? If it has it probably is NAV prepared but it is maybe not enabled, like mine. If I press the NAV button I get a message I can have it enabled at the dealer.

I never looked at Wireless CarPlay because I don't have an Apple phone. And AFAIK the Q3 does not support Wireless Android Auto.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do not have a NAV button on the screen. Maybe the Q3, being the "red headed stepchild" doesn't have the ability to retrofit the NAV. Oh well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts