Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father finally got his 2009 Audi TT 3.2 "weekend (when it's absolutely not raining or in any way calling for weather other than sunshine) car" out of the garage so I was finally able to snap a photo with our two Germans together. Just thought you'd all enjoy.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Looks good !!! But the top is still up - what's with that? Or is it a coupe (I have a factory cover for a coupe that he might like - good deal). He should be driving it more though - have him bring it to 2016 QDM - he will LOVE it !!! You too ...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew you'd ask this, Roger!

It is a convertible - and has the lovely orange baseball stitched leather, to boot. Sadly, he couldn't be persuaded to put the top down as lots of "helicopters" we're falling from the trees and he'd just cleaned it out. Baby steps...

I've tried planting the bug about a group drive or track day for the Germans and he seems interested so now I'll sit back and see if he brings it up on his own. :p

·
Registered
914 Posts
Great snap shot. Always good when one brand runs in the family like it is here :D

Have you guys owned any Audi's in the past aside from these here?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had owned a 2009 A3 2.0T and an ex owned a 2011 Q5 3.2 that was swapped for a 2013 allroad when the dealership courier wrecked it in Maryland (yes, that actually happened). My parents owned a 2004 Boxster before the TT was acquired last year!

Reactions: Quatto

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I knew you'd ask this, Roger!

It is a convertible - and has the lovely orange baseball stitched leather, to boot. Sadly, he couldn't be persuaded to put the top down as lots of "helicopters" we're falling from the trees and he'd just cleaned it out. Baby steps...

I've tried planting the bug about a group drive or track day for the Germans and he seems interested so now I'll sit back and see if he brings it up on his own. :p
Ahh, the baseball leather and stitching is simply way cool (is the car Quartz?) and certainly an Audi thing... Great choice. We got lots of helicopters too, but just can't help keeping the lid off as long as the sun is out. Pollen's really been a beatch this year, but I'm always standing by with a microfiber towel and dilute alcohol in hand for the interior ...

·
Registered
914 Posts
I had owned a 2009 A3 2.0T and an ex owned a 2011 Q5 3.2 that was swapped for a 2013 allroad when the dealership courier wrecked it in Maryland (yes, that actually happened). My parents owned a 2004 Boxster before the TT was acquired last year!
Nice history of German cars to be coming from, I hope you had some good seat time in that Boxster, they can be a lot of fun :D

Never had a chance to drive a Boxster but I did get into a Cayman.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe it's Sahara Silver, if I'm remembering correctly. It's a really great combination, that's for sure.

Ahh, the baseball leather and stitching is simply way cool (is the car Quartz?) and certainly an Audi thing... Great choice. We got lots of helicopters too, but just can't help keeping the lid off as long as the sun is out. Pollen's really been a beatch this year, but I'm always standing by with a microfiber towel and dilute alcohol in hand for the interior ...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice history of German cars to be coming from, I hope you had some good seat time in that Boxster, they can be a lot of fun :D

Never had a chance to drive a Boxster but I did get into a Cayman.
And I've never had a chance to drive a Cayman but I did enjoy the Boxster. That mid-engine layout definitely adds its fun to the mix!

Reactions: Quatto

·
Registered
603 Posts
The two Audis look great in your driveway. Seems like you and your dad both have good taste. You even chose the same color.

Love the baseball leather and stitching too.

Don't be afraid of the helicoptors! Take the top down and enjoy the summer. :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha - I did STRONGLY encourage him to buy this particular TT when it showed up at a dealership here in Pittsburgh. But, he can still take the compliment as he ultimately liked it and wrote the check.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how did you like your Volvo? My dad would drive them growing up and I've always been a bit interested in them. Their newer designs are far more interesting than they used to be.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Haha - I did STRONGLY encourage him to buy this particular TT when it showed up at a dealership here in Pittsburgh. But, he can still take the compliment as he ultimately liked it and wrote the check.
It helps to have a board of advisors :D

Are you guys the type to keep your vehicles stock or delve in aftermarket performance goodies to some extent?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I honestly really enjoyed the S60 and really had no complaints about it, other than that when I ordered a T5 to replace my previous lease, the AWD option was not yet available. The power was great, interior was just as nice as an Audi in material and fit/finish and I enjoyed the fact that it was an unusual color on the outside. I may have gotten another one had the V40 been available in the US but wasn't interested enough to drive another S60 without any major changes.

Just out of curiosity, how did you like your Volvo? My dad would drive them growing up and I've always been a bit interested in them. Their newer designs are far more interesting than they used to be.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So far, no modifications to our cars of the performance-type. Mine have been leased, so I hesitate to make changes that might void the warranty and my father hasn't kept a vehicle long enough to get bored with it just driving on the weekends. Haha - but, maybe the Q3 will get something from APR later in its 4 years with me?

Are you guys the type to keep your vehicles stock or delve in aftermarket performance goodies to some extent?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Texas girl is wondering what "helicopters" are. Is this an East Coast thing? Are camera lenses involved? Is there a police chase? ;-)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Texas girl is wondering what "helicopters" are. Is this an East Coast thing? Are camera lenses involved? Is there a police chase? ;-)
I was wondering about that myself and then I walked out to my garage, they were everywhere. Maple seeds that spin like helicopters. They are also fun to stick on your nose like a Rhino Horn.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I was wondering about that myself and then I walked out to my garage, they were everywhere. Maple seeds that spin like helicopters. They are also fun to stick on your nose like a Rhino Horn.
Yup -as a child (at least a younger person), this is what we called them, as we'd pick them up and toss them into the air to watch the "blades" spin. Even half-ones will spin, albeit a bit differently. It's amazing what entertained me as a kid compared to all the bored kids today ...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts