Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching and searching online to see if anyone previously had the problem I've been trying to solve...Every time I plug my iphone into the MMI cable and try to play music it always defaults to the first playlist on Itunes which happens to be "last played". I tried to delete it or move the playlists around and I can't. There doesn't seem to be a setting on the car or on the iphone or on Itunes. Every time I plug it in it's the same routine...Find the playlist or "songs" I want to play and randomize them.

Anyone have the same problem?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've not really experienced this with my iPhone but I can confirm that the car will play the last playlist on the iPod touch I leave in it. I'm more curious, though: any reason you're not using Bluetooth to stream audio from the iPhone?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't control the music on the iphone playlists it only plays the songs. Sometimes I just want to listen to specific music. Can't pick and choose with the bluetooth. Sometimes I get lazy and just use it though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have not tried this, but if you are using the Music app, can you tell Siri to play the playlist you want by using "Hey Siri?" Seems like it would work, but I have not tried it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the iphone has to be plugged to do that so I would imagine that would work pretty well. I'll have to try that... Thanks for the tip... I also liked plugging the phone into the mmi because it's out of the way instead of on my dash in the holder or in my cup holder. Just aesthetics sometimes..

·
Registered
914 Posts
I know the iphone has to be plugged to do that so I would imagine that would work pretty well. I'll have to try that... Thanks for the tip... I also liked plugging the phone into the mmi because it's out of the way instead of on my dash in the holder or in my cup holder. Just aesthetics sometimes..
I'm the same way too, hate having things that I feel don't need to be out... out in the open.

Plus I usually have a bottle of water sitting in the holder so its space is already occupied.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I usually leave my phone in my bag and use bluetooth, unless I really need to charge it, then I have this little bin on the floor between the seat and the center console where I park my phone while it charges.

In other news, my floor mats arrived from Spain today! I raced from the office to hit the post office before they closed. I had no idea I could get so excited about all-weather OEM floor mats!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
In other news, my floor mats arrived from Spain today! I raced from the office to hit the post office before they closed. I had no idea I could get so excited about all-weather OEM floor mats!
It's the little things, the little things ...

Reactions: deverelle

·
Registered
60 Posts
I prefer to stream, primarily because I listen to audio books. As an aside, I found today that the "mute" function on the steering wheel volume control pauses not only media on SD cards and the Jukebox, it also pauses streaming content. I happened to be using the Overdrive app on my iPhone to listen to a library book.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use and iPod touch permanently connected to the MMI cable, hidden under the armrest and out of sight

It remembers the last track played until you remove (unplug) from the MMI cable to update / add from ITunes for instance.

So I think the same would be for the iPhone – once ot looses the cable connectivity it defaults to the first playlist.

I also use an iPhone and must say the Blue Tooth works perfectly as I also sometimes want to listen to a specific track or playlist from the iPhone - once paired you can use the normal control on the console to rewind or forward or if the iPhone is on a cradle manage it through the music player controls on the phone.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone plugged both an ipod and an iphone into their car? I'm trying to figure out how to control them both thru the steering wheel or if I have to plug my ipod in and just be satisfied to run my iphone thru bluetooth.

So, I've got one MMI cable that has a 30 pin plug on the end. I need to find a cable to run off that to 1. go to my ipod and 2. go to my iphone at the same time.

The only ones I've seen that remotely look like they'd work are a lightning connector and a headphone jack plug running off the 30 pin. Does anyone know if I used headphone jack plug into the ipod would the ipod show up on my MMI screen?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Fairly (95%, anyway) certain that MMI would absolutely not be able to do this, sadly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can only control what ever "source" is selected in the MMI at a given time. The other challenge is that there is no switch or splitter option for a ipod cable. I think your best bet would be to drive your phone through Bluetooth. You can still use a 12v-USB adapter to connect your iPhone for charging.

When the MMI "source" is Bluetooth, the the controls on the steering wheel, etc will drive the stop/start/fwd/rev controls on your iPhones audio app.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know I can "control" my iphone on the MMI screen but only one song at a time. I can't see the playlists or the artists (at least that's the way my iphone music is set up) That's the only reason I like having it connected to the MMI cable. I could put all the music on my iphone since I have a 64g phone but I like putting music on the nano because it's so much more portable and it weighs practically nothing. I suppose I could put the SAME music on both and just use the nano for other purposes... I was just trying to avoid having so much memory taken up by my music...

·
Registered
60 Posts
hmmm I have not tried browsing my music library via BT. I will have to look at that. Here is an option, copy your music to an SD card. You can either play it from there or import it into the internal storage of the Q3. The internal storage may top out at ~40Gb.

I have 2 x 32Gb SD cards installed, one of which I have copied into the internal storage.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's probably the best idea about the SD cards... About 3,000 songs on my iphone now..there's 40gb of storage in the car? I thought it was more like 20 and some of that was taken up by the maps...I don't mind listening to the music thru BT I just like selecting certain playlists sometimes instead of just randomly or orderly listening to the songs on the iphone... Just preference I guess...Music depends on my mood of the day...

I brought my car in for it's 5,000 mi oil change (yes it's taken me since Nov to rack up 5K) and they gave me a Q5 with the B&O stereo... Wow.. did that blow me away.. I'm very satisfied with the Bose but if I had it to do all over again and I could put the B&O in the car I'd do it in a heartbeat...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I checked the status on my Jukebox (ie the internal storage). After importing the about 6Gb of my SD card, it reports 27% full and ~13.24Gb free.
So it is not as large as I thought.

If you are going to make custom playlists for content on the SD cards, I have posted a thread on the forum that covers the format.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I checked the status on my Jukebox (ie the internal storage). After importing the about 6Gb of my SD card, it reports 27% full and ~13.24Gb free.

If you are going to make custom playlists for content on the SD cards, I have posted a thread on the forum that covers the format.
Thanks for doing that. It works great.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts

As noted here http://www.audiq3forum.com/forum/409-electronics-audio/3210-mmi-jukebox.html#post21786, you only get about 20gb out of the 40 on the drive, so it sounds like you're seeing that correctly ...

And your post here http://www.audiq3forum.com/forum/409-electronics-audio/4426-sd-card-support.html#post37938, is a great one - Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
music

I've tried this tune2air from viseeousa.com. I had no problem. I plug it straight into my cars AMI and it allows to stream, control, read and display music using the cars entertainment system and steering wheel controls.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts