Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
My excitement about my Q3 order has dwindled since reading the "Auto Blog" article citing significant price increases, which my dealer assured me would not happen. I really wanted a 2015, but they are scarce - even barely existent - in Ohio. So I had to order, and they weren't accepting any more 2015 orders.
Now it seems my entire deposit is going to be eaten up by the price increase, thus a higher payment. ?
I'm also being told that my vehicle is on hold due to "supplier shortage" - that it's "mostly built" but missing parts. Hmmmm.
I am already approved by Audi Finance, and really hoping we don't have to run the credit app again (they're only good for 30 days).
Feeling duped that I was forced into a 2016 & now it's complicated.
Anyone else have a 2016 on order? Would love to hear your story!
(Going to the dealership TODAY to discuss.)

·
Registered
302 Posts
My excitement about my Q3 order has dwindled since reading the "Auto Blog" article citing significant price increases, which my dealer assured me would not happen....
I'm sorry to hear of you feeling "duped," but possibly a nice chat with your Audi representative will have you feeling a little better by the end of the day. Admittedly, you should not have been "assured" of no price increase when you consider the fluctuating rate of the Euro and the dollar and the financial uncertainty facing the EU.

With that said, perhaps your sales person can find you the 2015 you want and allow you to apply your deposit toward that car. Here in the PNW there are 2015 models coming in all the time and sharp sales people are swapping, trading, and diverting cars to their dealerships all the time to meet an individual's demand. From the five PNW dealers I've spoken with, it's all about volume for them, not about the sales price.

I just called the Audi dealer in Tacoma (yea, I know, that's not close to Ohio), and was informed they had at least 7 Q3s inbound and that of course they'd trade and swap to meet the demand. You just have to have to have a sales person who can offer something in exchange.

I ordered a 2016 Q3 just because I wanted a 2016, but there were 3 2015 models in the same color (Monsoon Grey) and similar configuration on the ramp when I made the order just one week ago.

I don't know what kind of price you worked out with your dealer, but perhaps you'll be able to renegotiate a lower price unless you were already getting the 2016 at "cost." But before either of you begin renegotiating, you may want to wait until the actual invoice with 2016 numbers arrives. I don't know what others on this forum have discovered, but every Q3 I have priced in the PNW is showing an MSRP of 6% over invoice....so again, depending upon what you are paying, there may be a bit more room to lower the price. You'll be happy and the dealership will still add to their sales volume and get a nice year-end bonus.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems. I agree that stock is tight in southern OH. I also had to order, but I did not have to put down a deposit. I will say that the build cycle seemed to take longer than expected - I ordered at the begining of December waited closer to 16 weeks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! And update

Thanks you guys. Okay, I went to the dealership yesterday (and took the ONLY one they had out for a 2 hour drive!), and talked to my sales guy. He gave me my order sheet, and also a comparison sheet of a 2015 v. 2016. I do feel better now, because it seems that although the price has increased, the options they have now included in the Prestige package pretty much make up the difference, so it shouldn't be a big price hike.
Whew!
And the good news is that it is now built, and status is listed as "In Transit from Factory." I'm told that once on the boat, it should be about two weeks. Does that sound right? Oh, and I also found out that it was indeed built in Germany, even though all the You Tube videos show Q3s being built in Spain. Hmm.
I will keep you posted - thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
It IS built in Spain at Martorell but the final assembly/inspection is in Wolfsburg. Because the German content is above 65% AND final assembly is in Germany, it gets a German VIN. If it's just "in transit from factory" that could mean either from Martorell to Wolfsburg or Wolfsburg to Emden (the port where it will leave to the states from). Your salesman should be able to tell you what port (either Davisville or Jacksonville) it should come into and when it should leave Emden. THAT date will determine which vessel it's on (DON'T trust Audi CIW info at this point, cuz it's prolly behind), and then you can go to PWL to find the schedule. Note, they change every week or so, so you'll need to visit their site (PWL.de) to find it. It will be more like 3-4 weeks from that date before you'll get it, plus I think Audi has limited port holds/releases on the new ones until about July 20th anyway...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh my. The info my sales guy gives me NEVER matches what I read & hear from you guys. This is very troubling...
He assured me that the vehicle would arrive BEFORE my credit app expires (3.5 weeks now).
The "Audi hold" is what I was afraid of, this being a 2016. He denies that.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Don't be troubled - this is not as near an exact science as you might expect. BUT - you SHOULD have the facts. Audi will choose a date for any 2016 Q3 to be released to the public, and NO cars will be turned over to customers before that. Usually that date is before cars get here but not always. I think the date for the Q3 is July 20th, but I am NOT certain. I will try to confirm that later today.

Regardless, the process takes what it does and your ABS should be able to guide you carefully and confidently thru it - including dates to ship from Germany, arrive in the port here, and then at the dealership, and finally to your personal delivery. You must realize that shipment times vary for all kinds of reasons and transfers between trains, ships, and trucks and trucking times are NOT Audi's guarantee. They usually have a pretty conservative handle on it though and often your car will arrive earlier than they forecast at time of order. But generalities from the ABS are NOT a good gage.

Reactions: Quatto

·
Registered
914 Posts
That's the thing with most times you're waiting on something, they over estimate for when it'll arrive, which is of course the best practice, rather have em know ahead of time than be running to you pissed!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks you guys. Okay, I went to the dealership yesterday (and took the ONLY one they had out for a 2 hour drive!), and talked to my sales guy. He gave me my order sheet, and also a comparison sheet of a 2015 v. 2016. I do feel better now, because it seems that although the price has increased, the options they have now included in the Prestige package pretty much make up the difference, so it shouldn't be a big price hike.
Whew!
And the good news is that it is now built, and status is listed as "In Transit from Factory." I'm told that once on the boat, it should be about two weeks. Does that sound right? Oh, and I also found out that it was indeed built in Germany, even though all the You Tube videos show Q3s being built in Spain. Hmm.
I will keep you posted - thank you!

·
Registered
914 Posts
2 weeks sounds about right when you consider the time required to get the boat over along with all the processing they need to do.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I've reached the point of being ridiculous about the progress / movement of this car. Going to stop complaining / bugging my dealer / scouring the internet, and live my life instead.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2016 on order too :)

Hi All,
My excitement about my Q3 order has dwindled since reading the "Auto Blog" article citing significant price increases, which my dealer assured me would not happen. I really wanted a 2015, but they are scarce - even barely existent - in Ohio. So I had to order, and they weren't accepting any more 2015 orders.
Now it seems my entire deposit is going to be eaten up by the price increase, thus a higher payment. ?
I'm also being told that my vehicle is on hold due to "supplier shortage" - that it's "mostly built" but missing parts. Hmmmm.
I am already approved by Audi Finance, and really hoping we don't have to run the credit app again (they're only good for 30 days).
(Going to the dealership TODAY to discuss.)
Hi vestergirl,

Mine is on order too. I've been told that the car is at the port in RI and just needs the official release from Audi to ship them to the dealer - I've seen articles that it should be either W2 or W3 of this month. I'm in Ohio as well and initially wanted to go with the 2015, but there was only one at my dealer, which ended up being for the same price.

did you get yours custom built with specifics? I went with the Prestige without the wood inlay, with a few other selections, but they had mine "in stock" and just traded with another dealer.

I'm really excited to get mine :)

·
Registered
914 Posts
Would be cool if they did something we never seen before for interior trim, sort of like what lexus did and went with bamboo. Bamboo wouldn't work as well in an Audi but something new and that you'd expect to see in an audi should be on the table!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Exciting!

Hi vestergirl,

Mine is on order too. I've been told that the car is at the port in RI and just needs the official release from Audi to ship them to the dealer - I've seen articles that it should be either W2 or W3 of this month. I'm in Ohio as well and initially wanted to go with the 2015, but there was only one at my dealer, which ended up being for the same price.

did you get yours custom built with specifics? I went with the Prestige without the wood inlay, with a few other selections, but they had mine "in stock" and just traded with another dealer.

I'm really excited to get mine :)
When did you place your order? Did your dealer tell you it was already in RI? But wait - if it was "in stock" with dealer trade - then how did you order a 2016?

Yes, I ordered the Prestige Quattro with aluminum inlay (I DESPISE wood inlays), in glacier white with gray interior. I am SO excited to see it and drive it.

Please tell me more about your order!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Would be cool if they did something we never seen before for interior trim, sort of like what lexus did and went with bamboo. Bamboo wouldn't work as well in an Audi but something new and that you'd expect to see in an audi should be on the table!
Yep, I don’t think bamboo would be popular in an Audi based on what I saw at one of the nearby Audi dealers a few Sundays ago. We were taking a sunny top down drive when I noticed we were approaching an Audi dealership. So I stopped to see if they had any Q3s in stock. They had 3 Q3s, 7 Q5s and 10 Q7s in the new lot. The thing that amazed me was that 19 of the 20 were black with 1 grayish Q7. 19 of them had black interiors, one of the black Q7s had beige. All of the black interiors had black headliners and all but two cars had wood not aluminum. I couldn’t help but think of the Ford Model T a friend of mine owned for many years. So if dealers stock their lots with what is likely to sell, I wouldn’t give bamboo any shot at success.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When did you place your order? Did your dealer tell you it was already in RI? But wait - if it was "in stock" with dealer trade - then how did you order a 2016?

Yes, I ordered the Prestige Quattro with aluminum inlay (I DESPISE wood inlays), in glacier white with gray interior. I am SO excited to see it and drive it.

Please tell me more about your order!
I didn't create my own order. I went in about ten days ago and said i want a brilliant black, black interior, Prestige Quattro with aluminum inlay. I initially went in for the 2015 but they only had the one...so I opted for a 2016. My dealer told me he would see what they had and said they had one (with the $80 cord) at one of their Chicago dealerships, so they would trade the dealership with one of their allotted ones. the brilliant black is one of the "basic" colors (not one of the colors they charge extra for), so I guess maybe thats why they had a lot of those pre-built? Not sure.

My dealer did say that it was already in RI...all that they are waiting for is the official release.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I also have a 2016 Q3 on order. I'm going through a AAA broker who is using a dealer in SOCAL. Order placed with dealer in early May. Order acknowledgement received from Audi in mid-May. Production complete and on it's way to port in Germany on June 24th. Since then no updates and dealer is unable to provide any delivery date estimate until he gets confirmation of the date it will arrive at the port in San Diego. Dealer has also been unable to provide pricing until he receives invoice pricing. So I'm going off of a quote I had for a 2015 and the MSRP data that Audi has now provided on the 2016. It appears to work out to an increase of about $1200 as I had planned to get the larger wheels and tires had I purchased a 2015. I've followed your thread with interest given the lack of info and waiting game I'm experiencing as well.

I'm both excited and a bit nervous about this purchase. I was only able to test drive a 2015 and ordered a color combination that wasn't available to view in person as the dealer only had one 2015 Q3 on the lot here in our relatively small Oregon town. They were selling the 2015's as fast as they came in. Mine is Mythos Black with Chestnut Brown interior and the sport package. Black headliner and aluminum inlay.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Same situation!

I also have a 2016 Q3 on order. I'm going through a AAA broker who is using a dealer in SOCAL. Order placed with dealer in early May. Order acknowledgement received from Audi in mid-May. Production complete and on it's way to port in Germany on June 24th. Since then no updates and dealer is unable to provide any delivery date estimate until he gets confirmation of the date it will arrive at the port in San Diego. Dealer has also been unable to provide pricing until he receives invoice pricing. So I'm going off of a quote I had for a 2015 and the MSRP data that Audi has now provided on the 2016. It appears to work out to an increase of about $1200 as I had planned to get the larger wheels and tires had I purchased a 2015. I've followed your thread with interest given the lack of info and waiting game I'm experiencing as well.
I'm both excited and a bit nervous about this purchase. I was only able to test drive a 2015 and ordered a color combination that wasn't available to view in person as the dealer only had one 2015 Q3 on the lot here in our relatively small Oregon town. They were selling the 2015's as fast as they came in. Mine is Mythos Black with Chestnut Brown interior and the sport package. Black headliner and aluminum inlay.
Hi cableguy, your situation sounds EXACTLY like mine. I share your angst about ordering a vehicle relatively sight unseen. It's odd how these dealers seem to be in the dark about everything! I've been told (as of today) that there is now movement with these vehicles. I am pressing my dealer for more info, and I will post an update TODAY.
I hope we all love our new Q3s!
:eek::D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys!

I'm also new to the Audi family!

I had wanted to buy a 2015 a few weeks ago, but the selections were very limited, so when my sales rep told me that Audi Canada had received a shipment of the 2016's at the Port of Halifax in June, I jumped at the chance to buy one of these first 2016 Q3's to land in North America.

I received a call a few days ago from my dealership that my car was ready for delivery, so I am picking up my new 2016 Monsoon Grey Q3 Prestige Quattro from my Montreal (Canada) dealership this morning!

Only having seen pictures of this vehicle on line and with very little specs, I too was worried about this purchase, but now that the day has finally arrived, I am so very excited to finally see my baby in person and spending a many hours getting to know each other this weekend.

Wish me luck and hopefully I will be able to post pics in the coming days!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts