Audi Q3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one. It's great to be onboard the Q3 firm.

First question. I had to have a vehicle inspection performed the other day and the inspector did a triple-take on the clip on the side of the windshield wiper fluid reservoir. I understand why, it looks like something is missing. Does anyone know the purpose of the clip? Thanks!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Gee, I haven't even popped my hood yet.

How about a pic?

Congrats on the Q3.

I'm interested to hear what different options you might have.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hey Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car - as MPBQ3 said, it would be great to see a pic and compare - also, please post more pics and descriptions in your garage -

·
Registered
200 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice to have someone from our Q3s' homeland. :p

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome!!! I Hope you enjoy your new Q3!!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

not sure what the clip is for but I'd say if that is the only thing the inspector found you are doing pretty well. Did the guy doing the inspection say something was wrong? I assume that he knows what the issue is if there is one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a photo of the engine. You can see the reservoir on the upper left had corner. The clip in question is visible. I have see photos of some Volkswagens that have a hose in the clip. This may just be a common part that doesn't require the same hose as a VW.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I must confess I'm not sure exactly what you mean - but will go check and take pic of my own car shortly - stay tuned ...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mystery solved. I initially looked at it quickly and thought it was the washer reservoir. I looked again and it's the coolant reservoir. The hose I have seen in other pictures runs from the wipers to the washer reservoir, by way of the coolant reservoir. Since the wiper reservoir is on the other side in the Q3, the hose isn't required. See the difference between the Q3 and a VW CC in the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Because I purchased the vehicle in Germany for export to Spain, I had to undergo a Spanish ITV (periodic vehicle inspection). These are very thorough. They look at bodywork, mirrors, glass, lights, horn, emissions, brakes, tires, steering, alignment, suspension, engine, undercarriage - the works. They guy inspecting it looked at it twice then called one of the other inspectors over to look at it. The resultant shoulder shrug put the issue to rest.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Here's a photo of the engine. You can see the reservoir on the upper left had corner. The clip in question is visible. I have see photos of some Volkswagens that have a hose in the clip. This may just be a common part that doesn't require the same hose as a VW.
I see it better now - and also that mine is as empty as yours ...

Must be as normal as we have - perhaps in a different life (ala VW) something else lives there, but for an Audi Q3, not likely -

1 - 16 of 16 Posts