Audi Q3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of a new 2021 Q3 on 8/3/2021. Last week with about 200 miles on the OD, I was backing out of a driveway onto a perpendicular street. When turning the wheel I heard a loud "Crunch like sound" as if I had hit or rolled over something. I pulled forward and adjusted the steering wheel and backed up again. There was nothing visible in the rear view caner. Same loud noise as I turned the wheel to back into the road. (apox. 90degrees) Third time was a winner. No noise. The driveway and road are flat. There are nor curbs. Driveway and road are paved. Nothing visible showed up in the rear view camera. I only now have less than 400 miles on the vehicle and have not replicated the noise. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
4 Posts
No. I only think that's what it is. I've had the sound on a couple cars I've owned. If that's what it is, it's harmless, but irritating. You might mention it to the dealer next time you go in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. I only think that's what it is. I've had the sound on a couple cars I've owned. If that's what it is, it's harmless, but irritating. You might mention it to the dealer next time you go in.
Thanks again. It was a little embarrassing. I was leaving a friends house. I had gone there to show him my new wheels! 🙄

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve had issues since around 7k with the rear pads and rotor making obnoxious noises. At 20k now they shutter when braking at high speeds. Audi claims it’s normal wear and tear…

1 - 6 of 6 Posts